Chapter 25. (End)

~Nicki~

My eyes were fluttering open, and I saw a white ceiling. What was going on? I remember being hit by a car but nothing more. Cassie! That little bitch! Where the fuck was she?! I'M GOING TO KILL HER.

I got up too quick, and I got light headed fast. I heard her voice. "Woah there Nicki, I just wanted to talk. You don't have to kill me. I'm going to rehab. In all honesty, I wasn't just missing Damien. I was missing you being my other best friend, and Destiny being the big sister I never had." She sighed heavily, but I knew where she was coming from. We missed her too. That was, until she started being a psycho bitch.

"All in all, I stated using some heavy drugs. I called your parents, explained what happened, apologized dearly and said I was getting help for this. I truly want to get better, it's just been so hard, you know? Everything was perfect up until you moved. I'm just so sorry, and I wanted to tell you in person. The nurse is actually outside and gave me five minutes to talk to you before I needed to go back to my room. I'll actually in the hospital in your old town. They have a rehab center, but I never knew that."

"I knew that." I whispered. She must've forgotten about the time her and I were shot up and my parents caught me. Oh well, I'm clean now. That's what mattered.

"Oh, yeah... I'm really sorry about that. Listen, I want to be friends again, but only if you're okay with that. I'm trying. So hard, and I'm so lost in this crazy, fucked up world." Tears were rolling down her cheeks. 

I opened my arms and motioned her to come to me, hugging her tight. "Drugs were never the answer, and I'm so glad we both realized that. I don't care if you didn't right off like me, at least you did."

She chuckled a little, letting go of me. Wiping her eyes, she said, "Well, I'll see you soon. I'm going to call you first when I get out of rehab, okay? I love you." 

"I love you too, Cassie. Make sure you call me as soon as you get out. I'm so proud of you." We waved to each other, and I just laid there. Staring up at the ceiling. I've never been so relieved in my life.

I head voices, of course I knew exactly who it was. Niall. Well, he was the first I noticed. I remember hearing Destiny's, Luke's, and Chad's. All but Damien's. Oh fucking hell. Whenever something dramatic happened, he always cried so hard he passed out. Then, Destiny or myself would have to hold him till he got up or he just stayed sleeping. It was the weirdest thing in all of history.

Chad was carrying him, which meant he would wake up. Niall came straight over to me, roses in his hand, and said, "Nicki, you have just been hit with a car. You are now being asked to date a guy who you just started talking to today, and he's so scared you'll say no that he might piss himself. He currently is floating in his shoes with sweat. This man, this shy, awkward man named Niall, would very much so like to be your boyfriend. How do you choose to answer?"

"I took the roses, smiled at him cockily, and said, "Well, he's just so astonishing. I just have to say yes. Only if he kisses me right now though."

Niall bent down quickly, kissing me deeply with love and pasison. I knew we were going to be okay, and even have a memeber added to our group. Cassie. Oh fuck, I should probably tell them.

~Chad~

Nicki had just explained the whole "I'm going to rehab and I miss being friends with you and your siblings" shit that just happened with Cassie, and I can honestly say she has my respect. No one I know would ever come into a hospital room, let alone call their parents about what happened, and explain. All the while trying to be friends with them? Holy shit. Cassie really was crazy. 

Damien finally woke up, and he couldn't stop hugging Nicki. It was 5 minutes until Nicki said, "Damien, go hug your boyfriend. Or better yet, find an empty janitor's closet and let him fuck you in it." THAT was when we knew everything was going to be okay. Maybe not now, but sometime.