Chapter 24.

~Damien~

I took off running to Nicki, Destiny by my side. Cassie just fucking plowed her over! What the fuck?!

I tripped on the mud and slid to the side, but it was close to her. I crawled over to Nicki, rolled her over and looked at her. Shit! Holy fuck! My heart was aching, what was going to happen? Was she dead? Alive? In a fucking coma?

As the thoughts raced, I started crying. I couldn't even hear Niall on the phone. The sirens in the distance were faint, and I could only feel Chad's arms around me. The tears kept streaming down my face, I couldn't control it!

Next thing I knew, my throat was hurting really bad. I was being lifted up, but I felt faint. It was crazy, but I felt like I was going to pass out. I've never passed out over crying, but my eyes felt heavy. I shut them, and fainted.

~Destiny~

I was breathing hard. My tears had been coming out, but I kept holding them back. I wouldn't break. For Nicki, I wouldn't break.

I stayed beside her, holding onto her as Luke held onto me. The sirens were lit, but they shut off the sound when they appeared in the lot. Some paramedics came straight to me and took Nicki. The others went straight to Cassie, which hopefully they would take blood and see how much cocaine she was on this time.

Luke picked me up to my feet, kept his arms around me, and walked me to his car. He was talking to Chad on the way there, but all I could do was stare at Damien. He looked so at peace when he was sleeping. It wasn't like when he was awake. Plus, I could only imagine what he would look like when he woke up. Probably still filled with fear and shock.

Luke kissed the top of my head, got me in the car and then got in on the drivers side. He sighed and pulled out of the lot. The way he stayed calm during this stuff... Just made me fall even more in love with him.

He grabbed my hand. "She's gonna be fine. Leg broken, probably a concussion, and maybe arm and rib injuries. That's what they could tell right off. Overall, she's gonna be fine. Don't worry, okay? Niall went in the ambulance with her. He'll keep her safe. I know Niall, he'll do whatever he can for her."

I nodded my head and stared out the window. I felt him squeeze my hand, and before I knew it the car was moving. I didn't say anything the whole ride, and he knew I didn't want to. I would talk later. Now, I just wanted to make sure Nicki was okay.

~Chad~

I held onto Damien as tight as I could. I swear I was going to cry with him, but I knew he just needed to be held. Once I saw the bright lights, I picked up Damien and started walking to my car.

"Want to ride in my car so you can hold onto Damien?" Luke asked, he's too kind sometimes. This wasn't one of those times, but I needed the ride to be alone with Damien.

"No, I need a ride alone. Niall's getting a ride with the ambulance. I'll meet you there." I replied to him.

He nodded and brought Destiny to his car. I basically jogged the rest of the way to mine, opening the passenger side and gently setting Damien in the car. I kissed his head, then got around to my side and got in. I started the car, shut off the radio and pulled out of the school as quick as possible.

The hospital was a good 15-20 minutes. It was on the other side of town, but this town wasn't exactly big. I sat in silence, trying to focus on getting to the hospital. Fuck, fuck fuck! I needed to focus! I couldn't get in a car crash and get Damien hurt. Then I remembered, Damien's CD was in here.

Once I heard the sound of the music, I calmed down and drove like it was nothing. Thank god for that, otherwise we would've just hit a tree.