Chapter 1- Sai met Chavans

One young girl was walking on the middle of the road carrying a suitcase absentmindedly on a heavy rainy night. Suddenly she become hit by a car whose driver was also preoccupied with some other thought.

As the car hit the girl he came in sense and rushed to the knocked out girl. The girl was unconscious but there were only few bruises and small superficial cuts.

He brought the girl in the back seat where a little girl of near about 5 years were seated there who accommodated the lady, took her head in her little lap and caresses her face tenderly.

They reach their home and attended the lady. When she opened her eyes she found herself surrounded by a family of unknown people consist of an old woman, two middle aged couple, a handsome young man whose car hit her and a cute baby girl holding her hand.

They asked her about her and what was she doing on the road at that time in this season.

In response she said “I am Sai Josh. Yesterday I lost my father who died in a heart attack and today my uncle kicked me out of home after taking all my father’s property by wrong measures. I only have an aunt who is my father’s cousin. Otherwise I am an orphan now.”

one of the middle aged woman sat near her and kept a hand in her head “I am Ashwini Chavan, that’s my husband Ninad, my mother-in-law but better to say mother, my brother-in-law Omi, sister-in-law Sonali, this is my granddaughter Prachi whom we call Pari and that’s my son Virat who brought you here. Where will you go now my child?”

Sai felt maternal love long years later. Her mother died when she was just a kid and missed her throughout her life. She smiled sadly “I don’t know. I don’t have anywhere to go”.

The grandmother told “Call me Dadi and stay here with us. Outside world is not safe for a young beautiful girl like you. We liked you and mostly our Pari she never left your side though it’s past her bed time.”

Virat looked towards his daughter “Pari go to bed baby its really too late.” Pari nodded then turned to Sai “Aunty I want to see you when I will wake tomorrow morning. Please don’t go anywhere. If I can’t see you tomorrow then I will not take my medicines' ' and went to her room.

Virat looked tense and followed his daughter. Sai felt affectionate towards this little angel like  baby. She thought that every emotion left her the moment her uncle cheated on her father and kicked her out after her father’s death. Betrayal of her own uncle broke her and she was left with no wish to live a life anymore but this little baby girl and this affectionate family is warming her heart.

This cute angle is bringing life back in her. Her gaze followed Pari she was out of the room then she faced the family again

“I am a stranger to you all. You barely know me and offering me to stay here with you. How can you trust me so easily? Now a day no one is trust worthy. No one.”

They understood that she is too broken to trust anyone and lost all her confidence due to the happenings of her life.

Bhabani held her hand “Beta we don’t know you now but with time we can know each other. We know that it’s difficult for you to trust anybody and that’s normal. Its midnight so please stay tonight and take rest we can discuss it tomorrow at breakfast. By the way Pari is damn serious about not taking her medicine if she can’t find you in the morning. So please stay for her today."

Sai nodded and felt worried why taking medicine is so important. She asked “is she sick dadi?”

Ashwini, Sonali and Bhabani closed their eyes and tears started to roll from their eyes. Ninad sadly told “Sai beta Pari is suffering from blood Cancer. Aai, Ashwini, lets go let Sai take some rest.”

After they left Sai was thinking about Pari and her illness. She studied and practice pediatrics and her specialization was oncology. Should she stay here and look after Pari? Then she remembered her promise to her Bua to never ever practice again. She spend the night with turmoil in about what should she do.  

What should she do??
What do you guys think??