Chapter 3- Sai found a new family

Sai left the guest room and settled in a room beside Pari's. She spends her maximum time with Pari. Pari's day started with Sai waking her up in the morning, giving her medicine which is a tough task as Pari don't like to take medicine, feeding her breakfast, making her sleep again for some time, giving her a bath, feeding her lunch, play with her, make her study and finish her homework and lastly after feeding diner read a bedtime story and singing lullaby to make her sleep.

For her illness, Pari don't go to school much but she was enrolled to a school as her family wanted to give her a normal life like other kids and that's why she has to study also. One of the teachers of her School comes to teach her every day except Sunday.

Chavan family was very happy to see both of them bonded well and happy. They felt relieved for Sai also they knew that she was broken, shattered and lost her faith but now their home was filled with the melodious laugh and giggle of those two.

Sai gets lots of time after looking after Pari also so with time she started to take on other responsibilities also like looking after Bhabani and her diet, medicine and routine, slowly she started to help Ashwini and Sonali with their household choruses also. Sai make Sonali remember her daughter Devi who is the same age as her and stays in Chandigarh for her studies. Within a very short time, Sai become a family member to the Chavan family they now take her opinion on lots of matters like what should be cooked, what they can do in weekends, grocery shopping, and Pari's future even they started to share their days with her also.

Virat becomes befriended by Sai through Pari's constant demand of both their time and company and their mutual love and concern for Pari. Those days Pari has to be admitted to the hospital for her Chemotherapy Neither Sai nor Virat leaves the hospital premises. During one such time, their concern and worry bring them close to each other and they become friends. Both of them spend a lot of time together with Pari playing together, taking short drives, having story reading seasons, Ashutosdh playing various musical instruments while Sai sang for Pari etc. etc.

It's been 1-month Sai was there when one day she saw Dr. Samrat Lokhande, Pari's pediatrician and Virat's cousin there in the Chavan Niwas for diner and she got afraid. She met him personally In Chandigarh Medical College and Hospital during her MD and knowing her from Nagpur offered her a job under him when she come back to her hometown. She became afraid if he recognizes her then she has to leave this house, this caring family, her support and friend Virat and above all Pari whom she loves most so she remained in her room excusing herself by saying she was feeling unwell. To her good luck next day morning he left the city for a conference.

Sai first thought that Pari's mother Patralekha is dead after seeing her absence during the serious condition of Pari but later from the made servant of the family she came to know that she is alive and stays in Mumbai with her younger brother and Virat's Bua. Virat and Patralekha got divorced 2 years back and Virat got Pari's custody. She sometimes comes here or sometimes Pari goes to her so her mother and daughter can spend some time with each other.

Sai was already surprised to see Virat being a father of a 5-year-old when he himself is under 30 and now this divorce makes her wonder what must have been happened but her professional training told her not to show any curiosity to the matter no one disclose to her.

Suddenly Ninad and Ashwini were contacted by Patralekha as she expressed her will to meet and spend some time with her daughter. She wanted to come but they knew that Virat don't like it when he has to stay close to Patralekha and Pari was also in better condition so after discussing with Dr. Shivam, they let her know that Sonali will bring Pari to her for 3 days she don't need to come in Nagpur. Sai packed her bag to go with Pari but Virat stopped her as he doubted Patralekha will not like to see the bond between Sai and Pari he told Pari also that not to say anything to Mummy about Sai aunty who nodded like a doll as she understood her father's every thought. After Pari left for Mumbai both Virat and Sai missed her a lot and end up bumping with each other while either coming in or out from Pari's room.

Once Sai was seating in Pari's room and wondering what happened why no one like Patralekha especially Virat whenever her name is mentioned why he behaved like thank god he has been saved from her but no one say anything wrong word for her or even think her as wrong.

She even heard one Bhabani to say that she is a good girl but not meant for either Virat or their family. Infect she also heard that Virat's aunt (Bua) Adhuna was reason of what happened with Virat and Patralekha.

She really wonders what mother wants to stay away from her daughter when she is ill and their divorce period says that they got divorced after Pari's disease and its serious condition become known. As per her thought every mother wants to stay with her child when her child is in pain but why here is an exception if she is not selfish and a good woman. She also heard that she is pursuing her career after divorce which became at halt after her marriage.

When she was lost in her thought Asutosh noticed her and came inside he asked her what she was thinking and as a trace she blurted out "Why Pari's mother is not with her during her illness?" she realized her falt when she heard a heavy breath by him and his voice "for me". She looked towards him there wasn't pain but guilt in his eyes. She put her hands over his "If you consider me as a friend then you can tell me." He looked towards her for few time and then nodded.