Chapter 18 - Storms of life

1 and half year later

Sai slammed down in the king size bed of a hotel room of London after coming out of washroom for the 3rd time. She sat resting her back in the headboard of the bed and hugging her knees. Tears were flowing free from her eyes as she was hell angry with herself how she did the grave mistake and confused about what she should do now.

She wasn’t sure about should she share the matter with someone or try to solve it all herself. She couldn’t help but think past 1 and half year of her life. 

Everything was in right place, life was bliss up to 1 year of her marriage. She was happy with her little world her loving and caring husband, adorable little daughter, best friend cum sister Devi and other loving and supportive in-laws. Very few girls are this lucky to get so much love after their marriage.

They celebrated each festival with a bang be it Lohri, Holi, Ganesh Chaturthi, Navratri, Karwaachouth, Diwali, Christmas, New Year, Saraswati Puja, vasant panchami, Rakhi, her, Virat’s and Pari’s birth day etc.

She still remembers how she and Pari both painted Virat’s sleeping face on the morning of Holi and how later he ran behind them and drenched them in colour. He threw her to the swimming pool full of colour and that initiated their holi romance.

How they brought Ganpati idol in their home for first time in request of Pari and celebrated Ganesh Chaturthi. She, Devi and Ashwin prepared Modak all night for the morning puja. While Sonali and Bhabani did the whole decoration.

How they were celebrated Navratri as Bhabani wanted to thank Devi Ma for giving them so much happiness and it was her first Navratri in their home. Later they went to garwa party also and danced a lot.

How Virat opposed her keeping fast during karwa chauth and when she stayed adamant in her decision to keep fast he also did that. She never expected that from him infect she didn’t doubt him when he snatched and shared her Sargi but later at afternoon Samrat told that he also kept fast for her. As an answer of her quarry he said if she can do it for his wellbeing then why not he can for her wellbeing? She was touched by this gesture and it was the biggest gift for her not the diamond necklace he gave her. Devi also kept fast, while Pulkit enquired why that year she kept fast for him she replied she didn’t kept for his but kept to give company to her best friend. Everyone thought it as a jock but she knew Devi told the truth she did it for her.

During Diwali She, Devi and Pari decorated the whole house with Diya while Ashwini and Sonali draw numerous rongoli few with colour and few with flowers. How Ninad, Omi, Virat and Samrat covered full outside of the house with lots of twinkling lights. During playing of cards Men vs. women game played and men cheated and they shouted.

They celebrated Christmas as a surprise for Pari. They decorated the Christmas tree at night after Pari slept so she can see it in the morning. They stacked Pari’s bedside with pile of gifts. She baked a cake for all and prepare turkey roast also to surprise all.

31st night they welcome New Year with a bang, after family celebration her and Virat’s private celebration began. They danced and chatted whole night, 1st January they went to picnic and enjoyed a lot.

They celebrated her birthday at 12’o clock, Ashwini cooked khir for her. after a decade she got such treatment in her birthday so she became emotional. her loving husband gave her a gift of a weekend holiday, she also made his birthday special by coocking and organized a surprise party where all his childhood friends were present. He hugged her tightly after seeing that.

She organized saraswati Puja in home for Pari’s shake as she missed going school that say and was upset about it.

She and Virat went to an overnight trip to a nearby resort in Valentine Day.

Then came their first marriage anniversary and all celebrated it with a family vacation still they gave the couple ample opportunity for their private celebration and intimacy.

Though Devi and Pulkit’s wedding was fixed from log back but they finally got officially engaged after her and Virat’s first marriage anniversary and obviously it was a big event with lots of preparation.

So this take a troll in everyone’s health as they had to do all these with their tight packed schedule and couldn’t take proper rest. 

Their happiness started to fade away after that event only. One day she got a call from Suhana saying that Pari was unwell and she rushed to home.

That was the start after that Pari’s health started to deteriorate only. She stopped responding in mild medicines and strong doses started to need.

She needed to admit in hospital several times and the treatment became painful for that little girl. So, she tried to protest and people who were afraid to lose her started to scold her for not cooperating properly.

They understood her pain and suffering but they were helpless as they were seeing her helplessly to get worse every day. She became most helpless as an oncologist she knew there was nothing can be done medically anymore. They are just trying to buy some time with her more but they can’t keep her permanently with them.

It is the toughest thing for a mother to see her child slipping to death while she is watching helplessly.

She tried to start venture every way she could think of and everywhere she got only to fail. Virat is her biggest support system though he himself is not in any good condition.

Lastly, she tried a full blood transfusion and now their little angel is little better condition but she knew that soon this blood will be contaminated again and they will have to go through blood transfusion again. Like this way might be they can buy 1 or 2 more year with her.

Last few months were hell for them and no one got any chance to think about themselves now after Pari came home she came to London in an international conference of oncology. Though here she is representing the dept of oncology of their hospital but she didn’t come here for her professional reason she came here with a hope as she came to know that one scientist cum doctor came up with a new kind of treatment of cancer. 

From few days she was feeling tired, dizzy and nausea, she ignored it as a symptom of stress she had gone through last few months but today a delegate in conference showed her a different angle.

She remembered that she forgot to take her birth control shoots last two months in taking care of Pari. She hoped that not to be true though she and he spend some nights in each other’s arms seeking support and solace but she hoped.

She tested with 7 pregnancy detection kits and 7 out of 7 showed positive result. After she came out from washroom for last time, she dropped herself in the bed.

She was angry how could she forgot to take those vital shots only this responsibility he left on her and she failed. She was clueless what to do, it is a crucial moment for Pari and she can’t afford to bring another child in world now. She has to abort this baby.

She felt pain that she has to stain her hand with her own baby’s blood but she has to do it for her daughter and family.

The question is that should she do it by herself or should she tell it to her husband and listen his accusation of being irresponsible. She started to sob hugging her knees.

Virat who also came to London to present a paper in a seminar of advance neurology entered the hotel room and found his wife like that.