Chapter 16 - Patralekha is in Chavan House

Virat and Sai got a gift of honeymoon trip for 1 month from their family. They were little worried to leave Pari behind but their angle told them she was fit and fine so they should go and enjoy. She will take care of herself and will not trouble anyone. She promised to be a good girl and talk to them every day over Skype in Devi Bua’s laptop. 

Then the shopping and hustle bustle about packing started. Sai was not interested in Shopping but Devi pulled her to shop for some honeymoon special dress and lingerie. 

Devi selected some revealing dresses and sexy lingerie from Victoria’s secret for her. Sai thought her husband is already a romantic, demanding man with a huge appetite for what will happen when he sees her in these dresses.

 Samrat forced Virat to pack his DSLR camera and lances. Virat loves photography but he was reluctant to take his camera on this trip because he wasn’t sure how much he will pay attention to scenic beauty when his beautiful newly wedded wife will be with him. 

Finally, the packing ended 1 hour before they left for the airport with a long list of family members about what they wanted from where. Whole family went to see off the couple. 

Next day Adhuna, Patralekha and Aditya came to Chavan Villa. There are two entrance of Chavan Villa one is the main gate which everyone uses and other one was from a side which leads directly to the 3rd floor portion which is Adhuna’s portion complete with 3 bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and dining. 

When Adhuna rang the bell of the main gate Sonali came out. Seeing them she asked for keys Adhuna’s portion from servant and led them towards that. They were hell shocked with this development. They expected they will enter the main house and might be later they will be settled in 3rd floor. 

Adhuna asked “Where are we going Bhabi?” Sonali smiled “To your portion. We cleaned it and everything is functional there. I think your guests will want to get fresh and take some rest. After you make them settle you always can come to meet your mother and brothers.” 

Hearing the clear hint that she and her brother will not be allowed in the main house, Patralekha's face falls which makes Adhuna angry. She opened her mouth “Bhabi I think Pakhi will like to meet Pari and she has court’s order for that.” 

Sonali smiled “we know Adhuna and we will send Pari here in your place every day for a few hours. We appointed a cook for your portion and kept your kitchen filled with necessary things.” 

She cleared that Adhuna’s guest will not be welcome in their home. They are her guest and her to look after.” Soon they reach to Adhuna’s portion and settled in the dining when the newly appointed cook served them tea and some snacks. Sonali was about to leave when Adhuna make her stop and asked “you said I can meet my mother and brothers. Will I not be allowed to meet my nephew and niece?”

 Sonali replied “actually there is no chance that’s why I didn’t mention about them. Your niece is very busy these days she goes out in morning and comes at night for her hospital duty and renovation of her fiance’s home, her would be in laws are also here so she has to take care for them also. You understand that a girl has to be attentive about her would be in laws and would be home.

 Now comes about your Nephew, he is not in this country, he is on a trip aboard. So, I don’t think you will get to meet him.” saying all these Sonali left the place leaving all  others there. 

Patralekha was very much upset that Devi started this routine to avoid meeting her and Virat chose this time for the trip because he doesn’t want to face her by accident also. Aditya was furious “So are you two happy. Why did we come here to make peace with those who don’t want to see our faces??” Adhuna was also furious and understood the whole thing well. 

Next day morning Adhuna went to meet her mother and brothers and asked why she was sent to her portion when she expected to leave some days with her family. Bhabani told her that if she came alone, she would’ve not sent there but as she came with her guests so it would look bad if her guests stay there in her porting and she here. 

She really feels sad that they were hell bend to keep the woman away from them who used to be this house’s daughter in law and sacrificed her happiness for their sake. She left them as per their wish and when she was curving for a few days with them they were refusing her.

She asked permission from her mother to bring Patralekha here once which was obviously rejected first but Bhabani gave permission to Patralekha and Aditya visit in their portion once after a lot of pleading from Adhun for one evening. Aditya who felt insulted didn’t go but Patralekha was too eager to go to the place which used to be her home in past. 

She went there and get a formal reception when she showed her warmth and hearty emotion towards them. She visited everyone, spend 1 hour in Pari’s room playing with her. She noticed there were few vacant places in the wall which must have had some pictures before. She asked Pari about those but Suhana replied “There used to be Virat Bhai and Pari’s pictures but they were taken out for reframe.” 

Patralekha didn’t believe it and assumed that Virat didn’t want her to see his picture with his daughter so those were removed. She was partially right they were removed because of her as those pictures contain both Virat and Sai with Pari. 

Patralekha couldn’t control her urge to see her previous room and went to Virat’s room but to her utter disappointment the room was locked. 

She wanted to meet with Devi whom she really thinks of as a younger sister but she was nowhere to be seen so with heavy heart Patralekha ended her day there. The only happiness for her was that she had dinner with them after so long though it was a completely formal dinner as a stranger was invited for dinner there.