L & R Time

"I want you two to be the essence of perfection. People your classmates can look up to. I need you two to be strong."

"Why should things change now that we're in middle school?"

"Take this as a lesson, Asano. The only way for others to be better is for you yourself to be the best. Show them that you are strong. Show them that they are inferior. Otherwise you'll end up dead."

That's the first time your father ever called you only by your last name. It was his way of stating you and your brother were inferior to him. You hated that feeling. You learned from cold eyes not to cry.

Despite that, you acted exactly as your father wanted you to. For he had convinced you the reason your mother was dead was because she wasn't strong enough. You were a tease, a perfect role model. A perfect little porcelain doll for all to see.

You and your brother owned the halls of Kunugigoka Junior High. You didn't know you were being cruel, you were a 11 year old girl who just lost her mother.

"Asano! Is it true you already have a boyfriend?!" a girl from B-class asks you. "Yes." you reply simply while continuing to do your homework. "W-wow! You're so mature!" her eyes shined like stars.

You got called mature a lot from the fact you were at the top of your classes while having a boyfriend. At that age, no one really knows what 'having a partner' is. Your father picked out a boy from a dozen of your admirers and told you to date him.

Your father only did that for the image of perfection.

That image of perfection was ruined though when the boy got too handsy. You still are not a 100% sure whether your father called off that relationship out of love or to protect his perfect image. You'd like to think it was out of love at least.

.

"A̵̪͝s̷͕͘a̵̛̦n̸̦̈́o̸̙͛! H̴̹̓o̸̙͛w̷̞̌ c̸͉̓o̸̙͛u̸̳̐l̷̙̓d̵̗̐ y̵̨̎o̸̙͛u̸̳̐ b̴̤̓r̴͍̓e̴͆ͅa̵̛̦k̸̫͘ u̸̳̐ṗ̷̨ w̷̞̌i̴̳͋t̶̳͠h̷͓̔ y̵̨̎o̸̙͛u̸̳̐r̴͍̓ b̴̤̓o̸̙͛y̵̨̎f̵̼̽r̴͍̓i̴̳͋e̴͆ͅn̸̦̈́d̵̗̐?!"

"I̷̹͑ c̸͉̓a̵̛̦n̸̦̈́'t̶̳͠ b̴̤̓e̴͆ͅl̷̙̓i̴̳͋e̴͆ͅv̷̮͠e̴͆ͅ y̵̨̎o̸̙͛u̸̳̐ d̵̗̐i̴̳͋d̵̗̐ t̶̳͠h̷͓̔a̵̛̦t̶̳͠ t̶̳͠o̸̙͛ h̷͓̔i̴̳͋m̸̼̏."

"Y̸͖͝o̸̙͛u̸̳̐ t̶̳͠h̷͓̔i̴̳͋n̸̦̈́k̸̫͘ y̵̨̎o̸̙͛u̸̳̐ c̸͉̓a̵̛̦n̸̦̈́ j̸̲͋u̸̳̐s̷͕͘t̶̳͠ t̶̳͠o̸̙͛s̷͕͘s̷͕͘ ṗ̷̨e̴͆ͅo̸̙͛ṗ̷̨l̷̙̓e̴͆ͅ t̶̳͠o̸̙͛ t̶̳͠h̷͓̔e̴͆ͅ s̷͕͘i̴̳͋d̵̗̐e̴͆ͅ w̷̞̌h̷͓̔e̴͆ͅn̸̦̈́ y̵̨̎o̸̙͛u̸̳̐ g̷̻̀e̴͆ͅt̶̳͠ b̴̤̓o̸̙͛r̴͍̓e̴͆ͅd̵̗̐ o̸̙͛f̵̼̽ t̶̳͠h̷͓̔e̴͆ͅm̸̼̏?!"

"I̷̹͑ h̷͓̔e̴͆ͅa̵̛̦r̴͍̓d̵̗̐ a̵̛̦b̴̤̓o̸̙͛u̸̳̐t̶̳͠ w̷̞̌h̷͓̔a̵̛̦t̶̳͠ y̵̨̎o̸̙͛u̸̳̐ d̵̗̐i̴̳͋d̵̗̐ t̶̳͠o̸̙͛ h̷͓̔i̴̳͋m̸̼̏ w̷̞̌h̷͓̔i̴̳͋l̷̙̓e̴͆ͅ y̵̨̎o̸̙͛u̸̳̐ w̷̞̌e̴͆ͅr̴͍̓e̴͆ͅ d̵̗̐a̵̛̦t̶̳͠i̴̳͋n̸̦̈́g̷̻̀!"

"I̷̹͑ c̸͉̓a̵̛̦n̸̦̈́'t̶̳͠ b̴̤̓e̴͆ͅl̷̙̓i̴̳͋e̴͆ͅv̷̮͠e̴͆ͅ I̷̹͑ t̶̳͠h̷͓̔o̸̙͛u̸̳̐g̷̻̀h̷͓̔t̶̳͠ y̵̨̎o̸̙͛u̸̳̐ w̷̞̌e̴͆ͅr̴͍̓e̴͆ͅ c̸͉̓o̸̙͛o̸̙͛l̷̙̓."

.

People started saying things like that. And like a broken record was in your mind, it kept repeating...