End-of-Term Time

"So, I'm guessing you're gonna go for the top place? I mean, especially since Koro-sensei said he'd let anyone shoot off one of his tentacles if you get 1st place overall in a subject." you and Karma are back at the cafe again getting a table.

"You know it. Can't let a chance like this pass me by." Karma sits down while putting his bag on the floor.

You slide into the booth and immediately take out a science text book. "Then why aren't you getting out your textbooks?" you look up from your page after a while.

"Don't need it. I know I'm going to get 1st." Karma says confidently while playing with a straw rapper.

You sigh and look back at your book, "That's gonna bite you in the ass, you know that? Don't complain when I get the top spot."

"As if."

.

.

.

"This is my shot! I finally get to contribute to the class!" Okuda says excitedly about the fact she could potentially get 1st place in science.

It just annoyed you so much. Why? She didn't do anything to you. Yet you couldn't stop yourself from interjecting into the conversation.

"Sorry to say, but I doubt it." you mutter loud enough for the group to hear.

"W-what makes you say that...?" Okuda stutters sadly.

"I used to be on the main campus, remember? I know who gets the top spots every year. Also remember who my brother is." you stand up with a dead look in your eyes.

"Well...yeah..." Kayano admits.

"I believe I'm right when I say around right about now they're having an independent study. And I know every single person in that room and what they'll do in order to get 1st."

"Then, who are they?" Nagisa asks.

"We call them 'The Big 5' which used to be, 'The Big 6' when I was there. It's a stupid name, though." you say while Karma snickers.

"Teppei Araki. He got 4th place on midterms. He's also the Media Club president."

"Ren Sakakibara. He's the schools resident poet. Language is his strong suit. Although, he's never been as good as me. But due to the fact he's best friends with Gakushuu, he actually has a place in the big 5. But the guy is a total creep who will flirt with anything and everything."

"Natsuhiko Koyama. Biology Club president. For some reason hates Karma even more than me somehow. And also the best science scorer on all tests."

Okuda gulped and fidgeted with her hands  while Karma laughed at the fact Koyama had it out for him.

"It's because I bullied him on Roblox in 5th grade." Karma explains while still laughing.

"Wait...really?" you start chuckling too while everyone else sweat-drops.

"Ahem! Uh, anyways...Tomoyo Seo. Student Council Meeting Leader. Has a sharp tongue and loves to argue."

"I'm sure you got along great then." Karma teased. "Shhhh!" you put a finger up to your mouth and shushed Karma over your shoulder.

"Gakushu Asano. My brother.

If you thought I was bad when I first got here, you've got another thing coming. He has gotten first in every subject before and can and or will again. He doesn't want us back on the main campus. He sees us as Untouchables while he's Brahman. I've never been able to beat him on any test. So if you want to get a top spot, you're going to have to work for it." you slung your bag over your shoulder while everyone else but Okuda does the same.

"Hey, guys! Wait up!" you hear the voice of Isogai behind you.

"What's going on?" Nagisa asks.

"You wanna go hit the books at the main campus library tomorrow after class? I reserved us a spot! Actually, I've been holding on to this for a while." Isogai explains.

Karma yawns and walks away disinterested. You scoff and follow him.

"Oh are you guys not interested?" Isogai tilts his head. "Well, Mr.Tough guy thinks he can win it all without studying. And as for me, going to the main campus isn't my favorite thing in the world." you explain.

"I guess I'll just ask Okuda to fill up your spot-"

"Uh actually! I'll go! I just remembered that the main campus has some good studying material I'd like to check out." you impulsively cut off Isogai.

"Oh alright..! I guess Okuda still can join us since Karma isn't going as well." the brunette boy thinks.

"Wait! I wanna go!" Rio says walking up behind Isogai. "Oh! I guess we've filled up all the spots then, that's fine. I'll meet you guys out here tomorrow! See y'a!"

"Can we talk?" Karma says to you. "What's up...?" you say slowly and confusedly.

"Why do you hate her?"

"Hate who?" you question.

"Okuda."

"Oh. I don't hate her I just...Don't want to be around her."

"Stop lying."

"I'm not lying."

"Yes you are."

"Karma, just drop it."

"No. Tell me the truth.

"I am telling the truth!" you start yelling with glossy eyes.

"You're getting worked up over nothing. Just tell me. Why do you hate her so much?"

"I-...I don't know. When I look at her, all I see is the complete opposite of me. She's shy, timid, and not very outgoing. But...people allow her to be like that. Even if I wanted to take a break, I'd get it even worse. So seeing her easily make friends and get top scores when she doesn't even try new things just frustrates me so much. My father said I'd end up dying if I acted like that. So seeing someone alive and well doing just fine just...infuriates me so much! I wish I could've had someone to tell me I didn't need to be perfect and I didn't need to try 24/7! For someone to say it's okay to take a break to rest! Just someone to accept me even and my lowest. I didn't get that. But she did. It's not fair."

"So you resent her? And you're going to blame her for her upbringing? I made that mistake with you, so don't do the same as me."

"What do you mean you did the same?"

"I judged you based on how you grew up. You were the top of the school and popular. I thought you only got that because you were the principal's daughter, but that's only half right. You deserved what you worked hard for. And at the time, I didn't. But you showed me that that's not the case. So don't do the same as me and try to understand her. You could even help her grow." Karma firmly puts his hands on his shoulders.

"Advice is weird coming from you. Especially when it's good advice." you smile while wiping your eyes.

You fall into Karma's touch and wrap your arms around him. He pats your back soothingly with one of his hands and with the other holding your waist.

...............................................................................

This idea has been in the back of my mind for forever omg-

Anyways, I'm very excited to write the second half of this chapter! I only split I up because I wanted to actually feed you guys and not leave you on a cliffhanger...again-

Anyways, thanks for reading!!

(Kameron x Reader will come out eventually I promise 🙄)

Word count: 1233