Chapter 1 ~ Hiding in a forest

Ashlynn's POV
"Thump." Another tree fell. Waiting to be added to the pile of firewood in someone's home, Ashlynn thought. The birds on her shoulder chirped in agreement.

Ashlynn Ella, daughter of Cinderella, stay crouched behind the mulberry bush, watching the huntsman fell the trees. She was an environmentalist, she loved nature the way it was without any interference from human beings. However, she could not stand up to the huntsman, not because she was afraid of him, but because she was a royal, and royals were not supposed to mix around with the rebels. After Raven Queen, daughter of the Evil Queen, decided not to sign the Storybook of Legends, the students of Ever After High had split themselves into two groups: the Royals and the Rebels.
The Royals were those that wanted to live on their legacy and continue their parents' story while the Rebels wanted to choose their own legacy and live their own lives. Ashlynn was a Royal, like most princes and princesses but sometimes, she really just wanted to live a simple life in the woods with her animal friends.

"Thump." Ashlynn stood up and prepared to leave, deciding that she could not bear to see the enchanted forest fall apart until she saw the mysterious silhouette hiding behind the chopped pile of wood.

"Who's that?" Filled with curiosity, she decided to creep closer to investigate. She tip-toed lightly across the fallen leaves and twigs on the lush forest floor and snuck up right next to where the silhouette was. Hiding behind a broad tree, Ashlynn peered round the tree. "Oh my fairy godmother..."