Chapter 7 ~ Stone soup

Hunter watched as the group of Royals made their way to a table in the middle of the Castleteria before deciding to sit at a table not too far from them. This way, he was able to spy on Ashlynn without making it too obvious. Spoon digging into the boiling hot soup, Hunter stirred at the soup as he silently observed the girl.

She too, was drinking stone soup daintily from the silver spoon. Just then, she looked up and laughed at a joke another girl made. Those eyes so big and green, those lips so pink and full, Hunter wondered why everyone was obsessed with Apple White, Daughter of Snow White. Hunter was still gazing dreamily at his new-found crush when something dark blocked his view.

"Hey dude! Why are you sitting alone? And in a corner?" Hunter looked up to see Dexter.

"No reason. Why aren't you sitting with Daring?"

"My bro? Nah, he always likes to point out how much stronger than he is and how much dorkier and un-princely I am," Dexter shrugged, "Anyway, I saw you sitting alone here and just thought if something was up."

"Nothing much, just that you are blocking a lovely view," Hunter replied. Dexter took a glance back and when he saw it, he gave Hunter a knowing smirk. Then, he moved his tray and went to sit beside Hunter instead.

"Nice view huh? You gotta do more than just sitting here and staring to win her heart, Huntsman." Friendly advice from a person who seemed to have problems of the heart as well. But Hunter said no more as he and Dexter settled into their meal before they turn as cold as the nine days' old porridge.