Chapter 3 ~ Huntsman

Hunter's POV
Someone was watching him, he was sure of it. Being a Huntsman, his senses was always stronger and better than the rest. After all, they have to be alert to save any damsels in distress nearby, anytime and anywhere. Hunter Huntsman, son of the Huntsman, had the urge to find out who it was but fought it. Somehow, he could sense that 'someone' was not here to harm him.

Keeping his head down and his hood low, he continued with his job. Dad was going to be mad at him if he found out he was using the firewood to build birdhouses for the robins. However, that family of robins' nest had just gotten destroyed in the strong wind. Besides, Dad wouldn't notice one or two planks missing, would he?

After putting on the finishing touches on the birdhouse, Hunter slowly stood up and hung it on a nearby tree branch. That 'someone' was still there, watching him. When he was done, he whistled the famous Huntsman song to invite the house owners to their new home. Soon enough, the new family of robins had already settled into the birdhouse and singing songs of thanks. Just then, he heard the rustling of leaves behind him. Hunter turned just in time to see a lock of strawberry-blonde hair and the glimmer of a glass slipper disappearing into a mulberry bush further back.