Chapter 17 ~ Nightmare

Ashlynn's POV

Hunter. Hunter and I are back in the Enchanted Forest. With his strong warm arms around me, I felt safe, like nothing could ever tear us apart. No wait. Something's coming. We are running. Crashing through the bushes and branches grazing our cheeks, our fingers are still interlocked as we ran from whatever that was chasing us. I don't know what it is, but I know I was afraid of it. The birds in the trees started singing, but they weren't melodic. Chills ran down my spine as the birdsong soon turned into horrific screeching noises. Among the birdsong, I heard another sickly sweet voice. "Ashlynn...Ashlynn..." Without turning back, I recognized the voice. "Ashlynn...stOP RUNNING!!!" I didn't want to look back, afraid of what I would see, but something made me turn back and I immediately regretted it. As I looked back, I saw Apple White just before her perfect face morphed into that of the Evil Witch. Her skin sagged, her nose grew into a large crooked one and her eyes became bloodshot red. As Apple's cackling filled the forest, I watched in horror as she grew in size and her limbs deformed into twisted dark spider legs with talons at the end. Hunter and I were still running, but we were no match for Apple's newly grown long legs. Soon, she was right behind us and one of her talons hooked onto Hunter's vest. "ASHLYNN!!" was all I heard as Hunter's fingers slipped from my grasp and was flung towards Apple's awaiting jaws...

"ASHLYNN!!" My eyes flew wide open as I sat upright in bed. I was cold, trembling and drenched in sweat. "Ashlynn, are you okay?!" Briar ran to my bedside. "I...I was with Hunter and...and Apple was chasing us. But it wasn't Apple... She turned into this horrid monster and...and ate Hunter!" As I recounted my nightmare, Briar gently used a tissue to dab at my face. I hadn't even realized I had been crying in my sleep. "Don't worry Ashlynn. It's just a nightmare okay?" Briar reassured me as she enveloped me in a bear hug. Grateful for my BFFA, I took a few deep breaths and sank into Briar's arms to recover from the shock.

Just as I was starting to feel better, Briar's MirrorPad dinged. "Let me go and check that, okay?" Removing her arms from me, she walked over to her bedside table to fetch her MirrorPad. As she unlocked her MirrorPad, I couldn't help but feel uneasy.

"Uh oh...Blondie just released a new MirrorBlog article about you and Hunter dating. And...the Royals and Rebels are now fighting in the Castleteria...It says here that Apple provided the exclusive scoop..." Briar read out the post as her eyes scanned through the article.

How am I supposed to get through school now? My head fell into my hands as tears started streaming down my face again.