Chapter 5 ~ Talk with the Robins

Ashlynn's POV
He was leaving. She was sad and a little disappointed that she did not get to see his face. But she knew that if he was a Huntsman, she would get to see him often enough in the forest. After he left, Ashlynn took a cautious peek out of her hiding place making sure the surroundings were clear. Then, she stood up, brushing off the leaves from her teal floral-printed dress. Mother wouldn't be happy to see grass stains on it again. She made her way to the birdhouse, stroking the curling patterns on the wood as she called out to her robin friends inside.

"How's the new house, my friends?"

"It's really comfy! That Huntsman has amazing skills! If you ever see him, please help us thank him once again. I didn't think he understood our little song," Mother Robin replied.

Ashlynn giggled. Only she had the ability to talk with her animal friends.

"Will do! See you later! I gotta go, if not my clothes will turn to rags again. Bye!" With that, Ashlynn sped off through the forest, just realizing she was late for lunch. It was her destiny, every time she was late, her clothes will turn back to rags and she didn't want that to happen.

On her way, she ran past the tree in which the hooded figure was hiding in, but she saw nothing in her haste to rush back home. There, she left the hooded figure staring out of the tree at her disappearing into the distance.