Chapter 15 ~ BFFA

Ashlynn's POV
It was already dark when Ashlynn and Hunter returned to EAH. Ashlynn smiled as Hunter gave her a light peck on her forehead before leaving for the boy dormitories. "Sigh, how am I going to face Briar later on? I'm sure Apple has already convinced her that I'm no longer part of her Royals gang after finding out about me liking Hunter." Ashlynn wondered as she made her way to her dormitory. All she could hope for is that Briar is already sound asleep after planning another random party.

Ashlynn crept her way to her dorm room, careful to take light steps so she does not alert anyone. That was proving quite hard with glass heels, she thought. Finally, Ashlynn reached her room and she held her breath as she turned the doorknob as quietly as she could. The door opened and Ashlynn poked her head into the room.

"Oh hey Ashlynn! Thought you would never come back, I've waited all night for you and do you how difficult that is for a princess that is cursed to sleep anytime?" Briar greeted with a yawn. Briar Beauty, daughter of Sleeping Beauty, was laying down on her rose-petal bed and flipping through her fashion magazines when Ashlynn entered the room. "Oh...hey Briar! Thought you'd be asleep..." Ashlynn mumbled as she shuffled across to her side of the room to get ready for bed. "Why would you be waiting for me?" Ashlynn asked as she remembered Briar's words.

Briar looked up from her magazine, "To talk about whatever happened in the Castleteria of course! You know after you said you liked Hunter, Apple had this massive breakdown and we all had to comfort her 'cause she's going to be the future queen and bla... Well, I tried to look for you after that but you have already disappeared." Briar walked over to Ashlynn who was sitting down on her bed and sat down beside her. Holding Ashlynn's trembling hands in hers, Briar said, "Ashlynn, we are Best Friends Forever After. I'll always be here to support you, no matter what choices you make. Remember that okay?" Ashlynn had been so scared about what Briar would say about her liking Hunter that she even prepared herself for when Briar announced that their friendship is over and that she would have to switch dorm rooms. But Briar's reaction was not something that she had expected. Looking up at Briar's face through teary eyes, she tried to search for any hints of deception, but she only found warmth and reassurance.

"Really? But what about Apple? What about the whole Royals vs Rebels thing?"

"Pffft I never really cared about that! Apple's the one who keeps harping on the importance of being a Royal and following your destiny. All I care about is throwing hexcellent parties before I have to sleep for 100 years!" Briar scoffed. "So cheer up okay? I won't stop being friends with you just because you like a Rebel and who cares what Apple thinks about that?"

Sniff "Thank you Briar, I'm so glad to have a friend like you! I was so worried about what our friendship will turn into and..." Ashlynn's words were broken off as Briar pulled Ashlynn in for the biggest hug. The 2 of them stayed like that until Ashlynn stopped crying.

"Now spill the deets on whatever happened between you and Hunter! I promise I won't say anything to Apple!"

"Hahaha okay! So it all started when..."

And the 2 roommates chatted happily into the night.