Chapter 9 ~ Damsel-in-Distress

Hunter's POV
At first, silence prevailed over the Castleteria. Slowly, hushed whispers came from all around the tables. What had caused Apple to scream at Ashlynn so loudly? Apple had never screamed so loud at her friends before! Hunter watched as Blondie Lockes, owner of the MirrorBlog started a new video on her MirrorPad.

"Hey Hunter, now's your chance! Go talk to her, her friends at her table are too busy calming down Apple and getting Blondie to mind her own business in case another Royal-Rebel war breaks out," Dexter winked at Hunter and patted him on his shoulder. Hunter looked over at the commotion.

"But..but I have no idea what to say to her. She probably doesn't even know me."

"Hello? You're a Huntsman! You're supposed to save any damsels-in-distress! And this so happens to be your damsel, so just go find her and use your Huntsman charm."

Hearing Dexter's words helped Hunter made up mind. Without hesitation, Hunter left his freezing stone soup on the table and ran off in search of his damsel-in-distress.

After leaving the Castleteria, he stopped at the mazes of corridors. Which one could she have gone down to? Walking slowly and cautiously, Hunter peered down every hallway until he heard a faint sound of glass shoes tinkling against the cold, marble floors. Following it, he soon caught up to the owner of the sound. Ashlynn was running down the main hallway leading to the main gates. Sneaking stealthily and hiding behind pillars, Hunter watched as she made her way out of campus and into the Enchanted Forest. Oh boy...

Weaving in and out of the trees, Hunter almost struggled to keep up with Ashlynn. That girl really knows her way around the forest. Luckily, being a Huntsman made his movements more agile and stealthy and he was able to make it through the forest to see Ashlynn huddling herself under a tree. Under the tree where his birdhouse is.