Chapter 13 ~ Apple in the way

Ashlynn's POV

Sipping her latte while looking at Hunter could have been her Best Day Ever After. However, the next few moments would have shown that she had spoken or thought too soon. Ashlynn looked up as she heard the bells above the cafe door jangle and immediately wished she had not done that.

Strutting into the cafe giggling and gossiping were none other than her ex-BFFAs, with Apple at the front leading the group followed by the rest of the girls. Looking at this scene as the third party, Ashlynn realized that Apple looked like a cliche popular-queen-of-the-high-school girl leading her posse to wherever she goes, knowing well that they will follow behind. That thought irked her and she tried to cover her face with a few stray strands of her hair hoping that they would not spot her. Right now, they were the last people she wanted to see, especially Apple. Too late, Apple had already spotted them and was giving her the friendliest wave she had ever seen.

Ashlynn froze for a moment, unsure of how to react. In the end, she decided to return her wave with a small one. Ashlynn gave an inward groan as Apple squealed and made her way over to Hunter and her seat. Hunter saw Ashlynn's wave and turned back, noticing their presence too.

"Hey Ashlynn! We were just passing by and we saw you two in here! So you two are a thing now huh?" Apple chirped. Unsure of Apple's intentions, Ashlynn gave a small nod. The blonde teenager clapped her hands in delight and scooted over to sit beside Ashlynn.

"So... Congratulations on your whole relationship thing! Both of you look so hexcellent together!" Hearing those sickly sweet words almost made Ashlynn nauseous but she held her expression and returned back an equally sweet smile.

"Thanks Apple! I really think that Ashlynn and I were meant to be," Hunter replied. Aww that's so sweet of him!

"Well look at you two lovebirds! I would totally ship you two right now except for one thing, don't you realize that one of you is a Royal and the other a Rebel? Wouldn't this matter cause some...unrest among the Royals and Rebels in school?" Apple crooned smugly,"As the future queen, I have to make sure that everyone lives in peace and harmony and everyone gets to live their Happily Ever After. Raven has already spoiled my Happily Ever After and I have to make sure that it doesn't happen to anyone ever again."

Behind that smug face, Ashlynn knew exactly what Apple meant. She watched disappointedly at Apple as she strutted out the door.

Apple would find any way possible to spoil their relationship.