Chapter 8 ~ Royals and Rebels

Ashlynn's POV
Chatting and laughing, Ashlynn strode into the Castleteria with her Best Friends Forever After: Apple White, Briar Beauty, Raven Queen and Madeline Hatter, or Maddie for short. The cause for laughter was because of Maddie. Balancing teacups on her head while her little dormouse ran from cup to cup, playing peekaboo with the girls.

"So adorable!!" Ashlynn cooed as the dormouse went somersaulting from one cup to the other. They went to queue in the lunch line to get their food before sitting at their usual spot in the Castleteria: a table near the back where they can look at the happenings in the Castleteria. So far, their current location provided them with views of Cerise's wolf ears poking out of her hood occasionally and snippets of Blondie talking to Cedar about her next MirrorBlog. They were used to watching others, but this time Ashlynn felt that she was being watched.

Doesn't matter, Royals always get stared by, Ashlynn thought. She continued her meal with her BFFAs. Just then, Apple White, daughter of Snow White, brought up the topic of boys.

"Girls, what do you think of Daring? Isn't he just charming?"

"Oh yea, sure," Raven drawled, not interested at all. Raven has always been a rebel and does not really care much about boys, but lately, Ashlynn had caught her sneaking glances at Dexter Charming several times. Just like...now. Oh well people change.

"Hey Ashlynn! Ashlynn! Earth to Ashlynn?" Apple's voice snapped her back.

"Yes? God you gave me a good scare!"

"Speaking about boys... happen to set your eyes on anyone? Hmmmm?"

At this, Ashlynn looked down and started blushing. Oh Fairy Godmother, should she tell them? Looking up at their smirking faces, she knew she couldn't keep her secret for long.

"I think he's a Huntsman... Although I'm not sure he studies here..." Ashlynn whispered. Coos started going around the table and her BFFAs started guessing who it might be.

"Well, there is a Huntsman here in Ever After High. He's called Hunter. And... speaking of him, he's just sitting in front of us, at that corner." Briar chipped in.

Ashlynn looked in the direction Briar was pointing to and found him.

"Well, I guess he studies here then."

At that comment, Apple looked like she was just offered a poison apple.

"Hunter?! But he's a Rebel! And you're a Royal!"

"Isn't Raven a Rebel too?" Hurt, Ashlynn shot back.

"That's different, and she will become a Royal one day!" Apple paused, as Raven scoffed, then continued, "Ashlynn, me and Raven are just friends, but liking a Rebel would change your entire destiny! Mine and Raven destinies are tied together so we have stick with each other. However, your destiny requires you to be with a Charming! At this point, Apple's voice was raising higher and higher, appalled at Ashlynn's thoughts.

"So, please, just give him up. You don't want to lose your destiny, do you?"

"But not all Charmings care about the nature like him, not all Charmings care about animals! This is my heart, my life and my destiny, if I can't be a Royal, then I'll be a Rebel!" With that, Ashlynn pushed back her lunch tray and ran out of the Castleteria sobbing into her hands as the entire Castleteria watched her.