Chapter 16 ~ Relationship Advice

Hunter's POV
As Hunter walked off towards his dorm room, he couldn't stop thinking about Ashlynn and their first date. It was going so well until Apple had to come and spoil everything! What's the big deal about Royals and Rebels anyway? I just want to be with Ashlynn as she understands me more than any other girl!

With a sigh, Hunter turned the doorknob to his room and found Dexter chilling on his bed and playing games on his MirrorPad. "Hey Dex! Why are you still up?"

"Oh hey Hunter! I just got hooked on a brand new game! I can show you if you want... oh yeah!! What happened with Ashlynn? Did you find her after she ran away from the Castleteria?" Dexter replied.

"Yep I did. Even went on a date with her!" Hunter said as he tugged his green sweater over his head and replaced them with comfy pajamas.

Hearing that, Dexter threw his MirrorPad onto his bed and jumped to his feet. "Whoa dude! That was fast! How...what...why...? I can't even muster up my courage to speak to Raven!"

"Hahaha! Well, Ashlynn is really nice and the date was hexcellent... until Apple White came along and made Ashlynn cry." Thinking about Ashlynn's beautiful emerald-green eyes filling up with tears at Apple's words almost made Hunter want to punch the spoilt princess.

"I just don't get it! Why must Apple come between me and Ashlynn? Why can't Royals and Rebels get along? I mean she's friends with Raven Queen herself!" Hunter said as he hurled his dirty clothes into a pile of clothes in the corner. "Apple says she's going to break Ashlynn and I up just so that the Royals-Rebels unrest won't become worse. Isn't she the one who created this unrest in the first place? She cares so much about her own perfect destiny without thinking about others who have cruel endings and forces everyone to be like her, to follow their destinies no matter what they may be. What if they're bad? She doesn't care!"

Dexter's POV
Dexter cannot bear seeing his friend look so sad and he did agree with some of his views despite being a Royal himself.

"Cheer up Hunter! I'm sure it won't be that bad! What can Apple do to break you and Ashlynn up anyways? She's supposed to be ruling kingdoms, not breaking relationships!" Dexter reassured as Hunter flopped onto his bed in exasperation.

"Dex, she's literally going to be the future queen of our kingdom and she already rules over most of the EAH student body because of her supposed beauty and charm. I'm sure she has many ways to break our relationship just by using her popularity ughhh!"

"Sigh, No matter what you may be going through, I will always support you bro. You're a Huntsman! You're strong enough to keep your relationship going no matter what Apple does to break it. Ashlynn is your girl and you have to protect her no matter what!"

"Yes, I have to! I can't let anything or anyone hurt Ashlynn! I'm sure our love will be stronger than whatever Apple throws at us. Thanks Dex! Goodnight and you should sleep soon too, I wouldn't want to be late for Hero Training class tomorrow if I were you." Hunter smiled as he switched off his bedside lamp and pulled up his blankets.

"That's the spirit Hunter! Goodnight to you too!" Dexter replied as he switched off his own bedside lamp as well. If only I could take my own advice and be strong enough to confess to Raven... Dexter thought as he slowly drifted to sleep.