Chapter 2

Percy looked at Nico, and Nico looked away.

"I don't understand why you wouldn't tell your mom Percy."

"Nico just let me explain." Nico nodded and looked at Percy through the computer screen. Percy sighed.

"She doesn't know anything Nico. I don't tell her too much. You know more than she does." Percy took a deep breath.

"Does she know that you're gay?" Nico looked down as he asked the question, his cheeks began to feel warm.

"No, you're the only one that knows that." Nico began to feel bad, because Percy has been telling Nico all of his secrets for so long, but Nico doesn't tell him nearly half of the things that are happening in his own life. He didn't tell Percy about how his step brother was a complete jerk, or how his step father threatened to kick him out of the house at least 6 times a week. He didn't really tell him anything too personal. He didn't think he could. But now, sitting here listening to Percy tell him that he is closer to Nico than he is to his own mother, Nico felt as if not telling Percy any of those things was a bad idea.

"Do you ever plan on telling her?"

"Of course I do, I-I just don't know when." Percy took another deep breath and it was then that Nico could tell that he was trying not to cry.

"I'm sorry if I'm pushing it." Percy met Nico's eyes.

"Huh?"

"I'm sorry if I'm making you upset by asking about it." Percy shook his head.

"No, don't be sorry, it's fine. It's just difficult."

"I wish I could be there to help you."

"Do your parents know? About me? About... you?" Nico nodded.

"My step dad hates it, my step brother hates it too."

"Hates what?" It was Nico's turn to take a deep breath.

"Just, everything about it. About me, about you."

Someday, Nico thought, I will tell Percy everything. Nico looked towards his door.

"I really wish you were here Percy." Nico began to cry. Percy might have hugged him if he was there with the boy, he thought about it a lot. About hugging Nico, about Nico hugging him, about being in the physical presence of the boy. It was practically all he thought about anymore.

"Don't cry Neeks, please."

"Nico!" Nico heard his mom calling for him.

"I have to go Percy." Percy frowned but nodded.

"Text me later okay?" Nico nodded and said goodbye before hanging up.

"Nico, I've been calling you for five minutes. What were you doing?" Nico looked at his mom.

"I was talking to Percy." Nico's mom frowned. Nico frowned right back at her.

"You know your father doesn't like him."

"One, he isn't my father. Two, I don't care. Three, I happen to like Percy a lot." Nico's mom sat on the end of his bed. She shook her head.

"Honey, this isn't good for you. The fact that your only friend is someone that you haven't even met."

"I would meet him, if you would let me. Hell I would move in with him if you gave me a one way ticket."

"Nico, I don't like him either."

"Why not?"

"Because you don't know if he is being honest with you."

"He is!" Nico's step father was standing at the door.

"Is the damn kid ready to go yet?" Nico sat still.

"Where are we going?"

"Your brother has a football game tonight dumb ass! Do you not pay attention?"

"Mom, do I have to go?"

"Sweetie, does he have to go? Can't he just stay home?"

"Fine. It's better than having to sit there with that complete embarrassment anyway. He would probably just check out every guy on the team."

"That's not fucking true." Nico growled. He shouldn't have to sit there and listen to his "father" say things like that about him, but he really has no choice.

"Dad! Are we leaving!"

"Yeah, we are. Sorry bud we were just talking to this." His step father pointed towards him. Nico clenched his fists.

"Don't-"

"Shut the hell up." Everyone left Nico's room. Nico sighed and sat back in his chair. Everyday. He has to deal with this everyday.

---------------------------------------------

A/N Hey! Sorry it's been awhile but here's chapter 2! Chapter 3 is probably going to be up sometime this week! Sorry if there are any errors in this, I've been writing it on my phone :/ I hate writing on my phone, I prefer my computer. Anywho, next update sometime this week, comment and vote please!! Comment what you think!!