Chapter 15

"Percy I feel like I'm getting in your way." Nico looked down at the table, a tear in his eye.

"What are you talking about Nico?" Percy reached across the table and grabbed Nico's hand.

"I feel like I'm preventing you from doing things that you want to do while I'm here. You haven't seen your friends once, and I'm probably a big distraction from anything you were doing before I got here. Not even to mention that I'm just a mess of a person and I can only imagine how draining I am." He sniffled after he finished talking.

"Nico listen to me. You are not causing any problems by being here. I love having you here. Honestly it is safer for you to be here than it is for you to be at home where your dad is." Nico nodded and stood up.

"I need to get some air." Percy watched him walk outside, and went to pay for their food so he could join his boyfri- friend, his bestfriend, honestly Percy had no clue what they were. Percy sighed as he walked out into the cool night air.

The truth is, Percy really enjoyed having Nico with him. They understood each other, and it was easier to comfort someone when you could touch them. The only thing that Percy was worried about is what his other friends would say. He worried that they wouldn't like Nico and that they would be rude to him. Not that their opinion on him would affect his own. Nico may be a lot of work, but so was Percy. Nico just didn't know much about Percy's problems.

"You okay?" Percy rubbed circles on Nico's back.

"I'm so sorry." Nico was sobbing.

"What's going on Nico, what do you need."

"You. I need you."

"I'm all yours." Percy pulled Nico into his side. Nico continued to cry, he tried to stop but he couldn't.

"I'm such a messed up person Percy."

"You are a beautiful messed up person." Percy saw the edges of Nico's lips curl up a bit.

"I keep everything so bottled up and then it all just comes out at once."

"How long have you had this bottled up?"

"Years."

"It's okay baby, you'll be okay. I've got you. Always."

"I wish we could go to our own island and live together in peace." Percy chuckled.

"I wish you weren't hurt so much."

"So do I."

"You know you can tell me anything right?"

"Of course I do."

"Will you?"

"Percy I'm scared to. I-You might not want to be my friend anymore."

"That's crazy Nico. I promise that no matter what you tell me, I will never leave you." Nico began crying again.

"You are too good for me Percy."

"That's not true." Percy grabbed Nico's face and ran his thumb under his eyes. "You are so beautiful Nico." Percy kissed him.

"See, you are too good for me."

"I think you are too good for me ." Percy kissed Nico on the nose this time. "We should head home, it's getting cold." Nico nodded. Percy stood up and grabbed Nico's hand as they headed home.  Percy was happy to see that Nico had stopped crying.

When they finally got back to Percy's house, Percy brought Nico back to his bed and they cuddled until they fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Happy Holidays! I got a new computer so I can actually update this now. Sorry for updating 13 months later....