Chapter 3

Nico didn't mind being home by himself, but he did get extremely lonely. Percy was working on his homework and he was thousands of miles away from Nico, Nico's parents were at his step brothers football game, and he didn't really have any other friends that he could talk to.

Nico: Percy? Are you done with your homework yet?

Percy: No, mom is taking away my phone until I finish it though so I have to get it done.

Nico: Okay.

Nico used his time alone to think. He's usually always thinking though so it wasn't much different from what he usually did. He thought about his real dad, about how he would take him to the park to feed the birds, about how he would let him have an extra cookie for desert even when his mom said no, about how he was actually nice to Nico. Then he thought about how he left, one day he just packed his bags and walked out the door. No proper goodbye, no 'I'll see you soon,' no 'I love you bud' like he would say as he tucked Nico in for bed every night.

Nico remembered how his mom would stay up really late. He didn't know what she was doing, sometimes he could hear her soft cries from his bedroom. When he did he would think about going into her room and sitting with her to make her feel better, but he never did because he didn't want to see his mom cry.

He started to wonder what Percy's mom was like. How she treated him. Nico knew that Percy's dad had left him as well, he knew that his mom was dating this guy named Paul and she used to date a loser named Gabe, but Percy never really spoke much of his mom. Nico wondered if his mom was homophobic, since Percy hasn't told her yet that he is gay, but then again Percy never really said that she was mean. He had only said that they weren't very close. Nico hoped that he could get Percy to tell him more about his family.

Nico heard the ringtone for skype going off.

"Hey, you done with your homework yet?"

"No, not even close. I'm phoning a friend though. How do you simplify equations?"

"I'm shit at math Perce." Percy chuckled slightly.

"My mom isn't so sure about you."

"Why?" Percy shrugged. Nico hadn't expected his mom to like him, but he was kind of hoping that she would.

"She just doesn't like the idea of 'online friends' I guess."

Nico and Percy continued to talk for another hour before Percy's mom came in and took his computer away. Nico figured he still had another 45 minutes before his family came home, so he just took a shower and went to bed.

Maybe someday their parents will be okay with their friendship.

----------------------------------------

A/N quick update here. Comment what you think and vote please. Hope you are all enjoying it! Big things happening soon! PLEASEE comment and vote though, xoxo! Byee!