Chapter 8

Percy and Nico continued to walk around town for a little while. Every now and then Percy would grab Nico's hand and look at him. Nico would hold his hand until he saw someone walking or a car passed, then he would let his hand go. Percy didn't force Nico to do anything he wasn't comfortable with, if he didn't want to be seen holding hands then Percy was fine with that.

Later that evening, Percy, Nico, and Percy's mom were sitting at the dinner table. Percy looked at Nico multiple times to make sure that he was eating, and Nico felt bad because he didn't want Percy to worry about him.

"So Nico, I have to know why you decided to come stay in my home if I'm going to let you stay here."

"Mom.."

"Percy don't worry, i-it's fine." Nico took a deep breath and looked down at his food, he sat back and rubbed his hands over his face. Percy's mom hadn't questioned the bruises on Nico's face yet, but she wouldn't have to anyway.

Nico started off slowly, he made sure that he was as descriptive as possible, adding in all of the little details to help paint the big picture to both Percy and his mom. He constantly had to stop for a moment and take a deep breath, and every time he took a breath, Percy would look at him with a sad expression.

Percy hated having to see Nico like this, but this was also a completely different side of Nico. A side that Percy had never seen before. A side that made him seem more vulnerable, more delicate. This was the side of Nico that showed Percy was he had been hiding for the past year. The times that Nico would request to just text instead of call or skype, he was obviously too upset. Nico tried his best to never show that he was upset because he didn't want Percy to ask about it. He never liked being close to anybody. Percy kind of knew about this already, that Nico didn't like getting close to people, but now he could tell that Nico was slightly relieved to be talking about this. Like this is something that he had wanted to do for so long.

Nico hadn't even realized that he had started to cry until Percy came over to him and grabbed his hand. Percy pulled his chair up to Nico and sat down and rubbed the back of Nico's hand soothingly.

He hadn't planned on having a complete emotional breakdown right now, but Nico began to cry even harder and eventually he stood up and found his way to Percy's room. He slid down onto the floor, his back against Percy's bed. He covered his mouth with his hand and tightly closed his eyes. He began to sob.

Percy came into his room and sat down across from Nico.

"Nico..." Percy whispered, Nico shook his head.

"Please don't pretend to care."

"What? Where did that come from Neeks?" Nico shook his head again.

"From my long list of things that I'm terrified of."

"You think I am only pretending to care?"

"My mom always pretends to care, my brother and father don't even act like they care."

"Nico? Nico help me out a little here, how can I help you."

"Just-" Nico began sobbing again. He leaned forward into Percy's arms.

"I could never pretend to care about you Nico. I care about you so much, you don't even understand how much I actually care about you." Percy gently picked Nico up off the floor and put him in bed.

"I'll be right back." Percy whispered. He walked out into the kitchen.

"Mom, I-he, just please don't ask anymore questions until he starts bringing those things up again."

"Is he okay?"

"What kind of question is that?" His mom shrugged and shook her head.

"I'm just going to get him a glass of water." Percy got the glass of water and went back to his room. Nico was wrapped up in his blankets sitting up on his bed.

"Percy?"

"Yes?"

"I-never mind."

"Lye down and get some sleep Neeks."

"Will, ugh, will you-"

"Yes." When Percy got over to his bed, Nico was still crying, but he was calmer now than he was a few minutes ago.

"Perce?"

"Hm?"

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight Neeks."

————————————————————————————————-

A/N Don't know why I decided to update at this time of night... But tomorrow is my last day of school woo!! Pleaseeeeee comment and vote, it means a lot!! Comment your thoughts on this chapter, tell me if it was terrible or if it was okay?

Comment, vote, enjoy :)