A FAMILY

The two days passed happily with ANJALI, taking baby steps towards VIKRAM mad VIKRAM, punishing her harshly .

   VIKRAM needs to go for a meeting to MUMBAI tonight for three days.

    ANJALI, though, told him that she would stay here. VIKRAM took her to his parent house and left her there .

     ANJALI  went to her boutique, and later the night, she quickly retired to her room telling she had dinner out and went to her room.

     She is not yet sleepy…

     A knock  on her door ...

     She opened the door, and she saw VARUN standing with a smile," and her eyes went down to the KULFI in his hands.

      He forwarded one to her. She  got it with hesitation

      " Anni… shall we talk for some time. " VARUN asked with anticipation.

       ANJALI did not answer him but seeing  his smile vanishing, She nodded .

      They both sat on the pool, putting their legs in.

      The KULFI got over while they both did not even open their  mouth.

      " You said you need to talk. " ANJALI asked .

     " How are you feeling around us ANNI. Answer me genuinely. " VARUN  asked all serious.

     ANJALI did not say anything.. she was thinking about how to answer him without hurting. She said, " My memory is not clear . I am trying "

    " You are trying ... not to mend things but to escape. " VARUN cut her in a soft tone, and ANJALI looked at him in shock.

     YA… she is just trying to escape from them .. from spending time with people here. She thought they would hate if they found the difference between this ANJALI and the ANJALI.

     " ANNI… don't run  away from us . we are family. " VARUN said sternly, giving a squeeze to her hand.

     His  squeeze gave her some spirt, yet his words made her tear up.

     This ANJALI just wanted  a family to love her.

     " Anni… belive us. You may not need us, but we need you. " VARUN said with a  smile.

    " The house got used to your presence… From morning coffee , the chutney , your rambles , the pooja you do with mom , the fights in the kitchen between you and SWATHI Anni for just a decision of curry, the late night convo , the little games
…." he said, listing the moments that were a bliss to the house.

      " VARUN.. you missed the fun of these two in dining , also the politics meet of Uncle and ANJALI , The movie  nights of us 5 , much more, " SWATHI said, coming near the two.

      ANJALI immediately stood up while SWATHI and CHANDRU walked to her.

      They asked her to sit, and they too got along.

       CHANDRU said, " ANJALI… you are the one who bought us together with this  family. I can understand that those are not in your memory, but that doesn't change the happenings . "

    " We all are ready to give hand only you must decide to take it or not," SWATHI  said, putting  her hand  on ANJALI shoulder.

     "  Please take it ANNI.. believe us. we will never let you fall. I need my ANNI … " VARUN said, trying to control his emotions.

    " You don't believe me right…?? My brother only hurt you the most in your memory, right ?? How about adding diarrhea tablets to him or keeping henna in his hand  when he returns? " VARUN asked hopefully