Chapter 11 - 𝒢𝒶𝓂ℯ ℴ𝓃

Mystic Falls, Virginia, 1864
----------------✧✦✧----------------

I, Katerina and Emily, our maid and a witch, were on a road in our carriage to the Lockwood plantation. The ride had been lasting so long and I was getting really bored.

"How much further, until we reach this Lockwood plantation?" Kat asked.

"Won't be long now," Emily assured her. "We've just entered the town of Mystic Falls."

"Good," I let out a sigh of relief.

"What is it now?" Kat asked annoyed, when the carriage stopped. Emily peeked out of a window, "Looks like a gentleman's having some problems with his carriage."

"At this rate we won't arrive until sundown," I sighed irritably. "What does it matter if – " I stopped in the middle of my sentence, when I saw that gentleman from our window carriage. "Who is that? He's so handsome."

"Who gets him first?" Kat asked. I turned to her and smirked in response. I was delighted to accept her offer. "Who gets him first" was our game we had come up with in years we spent together. Who made the man fall in love with her first won. Last time had won Kat. I was determined to reverse it this time.

"What do you say, Emily," Kat smiled, "think that gentleman's family would take in two poor orphan girls from Atlanta?"

⚜⚜⚜

Emily helped me get out off our carriage and I then helped Kat. We stood in front of a big house, which belonged to Giuseppe Salvatore, who had two sons and one of them was waiting for us outside. It was the one we had seen before. He had had problems with his carriage and our coachman had helped him. We had also made a bet.
      However I was curious about his older brother too. Since he was that handsome, how handsome had to be his older brother?

"You must be Miss Pierce and Miss Michele," Mr. Salvatore said. Yes, Miss Pierce and Miss Michele. We had adjusted our names. I had done it because I didn't want everyone to know who I was every time I said my name. So I had been Elizabeth Michele for a few years already, and Katerina had been Katherine Pierce.

"Please, call me Katherine," Kat offered and made a curtsy before motioning to me, "And this is Elizabeth." I made a curtsy as well.

"Stefan Salvatore," he introduced himself and led us inside to introduce us to his father and his brother.

"Ladies, welcome," Stefan's father welcomed us with a smile, "my name is Giuseppe Salvatore."

"Our pleasure to meet you, sir," I said.

"This is my eldest son Damon," he introduced his son. I looked at him. Unlike his younger brother, who had blonde hair, Damon had black hair and piercing blue eyes. He was so handsome. I dared to say more than his younger brother. I locked my eyes with his, smiled and made a curtsy once again. It was decided. I was going to get both of them and win over Kat this time. Two brothers in one game. It was going to be a legendary victory.

⚜⚜⚜

I was returning from my morning walk like I used to do every morning. Salvatore's had a really extensive and beautiful garden.
      I stopped in my tracks, when I noticed Salvatore brothers running out of the house.

"Wait, where did you learn this game?" Stefan asked Damon, who was holding a ball in his hands.

"Camp outside Atlanta. One of the officers picked it up at Harvard," Damon replied and threw the ball to Stefan, "catch." As soon as Stefan caught the ball Damon ran to him.

"Wait, wait, what are the rules? What are the rules?" Stefan was asking, trying to escape from Damon.

"Why ruin the fun with rules?" I walked over to them and they stopped playing. "Mind if I join you?" I asked.