Chapter 14 - ℛℯ𝓉𝓊𝓇𝓃

New Orleans, 1866
----------------✧✦✧----------------

I traveled into New Orleans. Literally the city of music. I loved music and there was lots of it. Like on every corner.

I was walking down the street, when someone I hadn't thought I'd meet there, spoke, "Oh hello, little sister." I recognized the voice and slowly turned around. I was afraid to see him after what I had done. I knew he was gonna take his revenge.

"Nik," I smiled at him nervously. He gave me a smile too. He didn't seem upset. But it was just a sham. He led me into their new house. It was big and so beautiful. There was even a blazon of our family. It was M, like Mikaelson.
      He talked about New Orleans like it would belong to him. "My city," he said. Apparently he and our siblings established the city. It had been their home for some time already.
However apparently I wasn't welcome. The punishment didn't escape me.

"You betrayed me," he said and picked up the dagger from a table in front of him. I stood there watching him as he turned around and walked over to me. I made a few steps backwards, "I had to. I'm sorry."

"I will consider your apology. But you need to be punished for what you've done," he took one step closer. "You knew how long I've waited for that opportunity and you still ruined it."

"Nik, please. You don't have to do this," I continued backing from him.

"On the contrary, Eliza," he looked on the dagger in his hand, "I have to." He sped to me and staked the dagger into my heart. I gasped desperate for air. I couldn't breath. Suddenly a chill ran over my body, and I felt weaker. I felt my heart slowing until the point it stopped. It was like if I fell asleep. Darkness absorbed everything. Everything was dark and cold. It was like if I wasn't going to be happy ever again.
      I was sleeping and at the same time I was dead. But if I was dead, I wouldn't be perceiving myself. I knew I was alive. Well, half alive. I knew I was gonna wake some day, but didn't know when.
      Time was passing so slowly and it was torture. Sometimes the torturous feeling wasn't that strong. It was when I had dreams. I had dreams about past; what I had done and about people I had met. And somehow, there was particularly this one person, Damon. I didn't know why he was there. I had broken his heart and left him like that. He wasn't supposed to be there, but he was. In those dreams he never fell in love with someone else. I didn't know that for sure, but the feeling was strong. What if he had been truly different? What if he had really loved me? What if he had been the first and only man, who had truly loved me and I had let him go that easily? What if I had made a mistake?

It certainly didn't matter anymore, because I wasn't gonna see him ever again.

New Orleans, 1919
----------------✧✦✧----------------

When I finally came back to live, I found myself laying in a coffin. I sat up and looked around. Everything looked so different. My eyes stopped at Niklaus, who was sitting in front of the coffin on a chair, with the dagger in his hand. The one I had had in my chest all that time.

"Took you longer than I thought it would," he pointed out.

"Where am I?" I asked confused.

"Still in New Orleans," he replied with a smile on his face.

"It's not New Orleans. It looks different. You look different... and what are you wearing?" I looked him up and down.

"It's 1919, Eliza, you've been daggered for fifty three years," he informed me calmly.

"Fifty three years? It certainly felt longer. Why did you undagger me anyway?"

"Well, because I'm in a good mood today. And because our siblings insisted on me to do it. So given to these happy events, I decided to listen to them."