Chapter 5 - ℛℯ𝓊𝓃𝒾ℴ𝓃

"We're getting closer," Stefan informed. "Jeremy said there's an access road just past mile marker 6."

"God, finally," I let out a sigh of relief. "By the way, can I take one of those blood bags you have here?" I asked and took one of them, "I know I can."

"Sure," Damon said arrogantly. "Hand me one of those."

"I don't think so." I smirked and Damon took one blood bag himself, "Thank you, Miss Elizabeth." I grinned at him.

"You want some, just ask," Damon offered to Stefan.

"I want some," he replied.

"Oh, so sweet. You're gonna be all big and strong to save your girl. Don't worry. I've got your back. It'll be fine."

"I'm not joking," Stefan said seriously. "I've been drinking a little every day. And slowly increasing my intake and building up my strength."

"Interesting," I reacted.

"Elena knows you're drinking blood?" Damon asked and Stefan handed the blood bag back to him.

"I've been drinking hers."

"How romantic," I joked.

"Since we're road trip bonding, remember the days, when all you lived for was blood? You were the guy, who rips someone apart just for fun of it," Damon asked. I remembered Stefan as a ripper. He had been funny. Chicago 1921. It had been an interesting time.

"You mean when I was more like you?"

"Yes, Stefan! Exactly! Back when you put blood into me, so I could be a big bad vampire." So Stefan was the first, who had tasted the blood. And he had probably forced Damon to drink it too. Interesting. "What happened to that guy? He was a hoot." Damon was right, he had been.

"Guess he found something else to live for."

3rd person
---------✨✨✨---------

"The house should be just beyond those trees," Damon said and pointed on the trees there, when he and Stefan got out of the car. "Wait. I've got a little more experience than you do with this sort of thing," he announced to Stefan, who was already on his way, and caught up with him.

"So what's your point?" Stefan turned around to Damon and stopped in his tracks.

"My point is; whoever has Elena is probably someone, who was after Katherine in 1864 and before that," Damon concluded.

"And?" Stefan asked annoyed of him, still not getting his point.

"And it puts them at 500 years old and strong!? We don't reach this age even if we put ours together. You sure you wanna do this?"

"Yeah, I'm certain I wanna do it."

"Because if we go in that house, we may not come back out. You know, maybe we could wake her up," Damon pointed to the car, where Eliza was sleeping.

"You serious?" Stefan asked him. He would rather do it all alone. He didn't need Damon and he certainly didn't need Elizabeth.

"Yeah, even though how much I hate to admit it, we have a bigger chance with her." Stefan looked at him with an attitude.

3rd person
---------✨✨✨---------

"He's right," I climbed out of the car clumsily, where they had left me sleep calmly and wanted to go inside alone. I wasn't sure how long they had been talking there, but luckily I woke up in time.