Chapter Six (Part One) - Answers

Jennifer Dwayne

25th May 2015 - Santa Monica, Los Angeles

"I forgot to tell you years ago," He muttered. "I'm a conduit,"

I blinked rapidly and tried to process the words Logan was telling me, this took some time. I slipped my arm from his grip and took a step backwards - nearly bumping into someone but luckily they passed me in time. "You're a conduit..." I whispered, barely audible to anyone around us. Taking a deep breath, I paced back and forth. Wide-eyed, I stared at my friend I have known for years on end who was been keeping a massive, life-threatening secret from me. From Bellamy too. Yes, I was one too but I had only just become a conduit - I hadn't been hiding it for years.

"Yeah well..." Logan started flopping his arms at his sides. "So are you!" I rolled my eyes and rubbed my forehead. He's flipping the tables.

"Obviously! But I haven't been hiding it for most of the time we've been friends!" I argued in a furious state. "I literally found out my powers five minutes ago. How about you Logan? When did you become a conduit?"

He looked at the ground and kicked around a lone rock of the sidewalk. "8 years..."

"8 YEARS?!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "WE'VE BEEN FRIENDS FOR 8 YEARS YOU LITTLE ASS!" Annoyed, I weakly swatted him.

Sighing, he gripped my wrists and glared at me. "Will you stop?" Huffing, I nodded my head and he let go. "I didn't want to tell you because I thought you'd turn me in,"

"Bellamy was a conduit at the same time you were Logan," I muttered placing a hand on his shoulder. "I would have never turned you in. We all have our faults - yours being that you've been a conduit for a seriously long time and mine was that I was a criminal of the run. I would have gone down if you did,"

He shrugged his shoulder causing my hand to drop back at my sides. "It's not because of being a conduit- -Well, half of it was,"

"Then what?" I asked, scowling in confusion. He looked at me saddened. I hadn't seen that look on his face since he came back from his Dad's funeral.

"I killed my sister..." He whispered. I suddenly lost all the will to speak. I knew he had a massive family and that one of them died, Darcy, but I didn't know Logan killed her. 8 years ago, he would have been 17. He killed someone- -his sister at the age of 17. My first body was at 20...What he must have gone through... "Anger consumed me and I didn't even know that I stopped her heart,"

"Y-You st-stopped her heart?! H-How?" I stuttered, trying to get words out of my mouth instead of being trapped in shock.

"I control something called potentiprohiberis," He explained. "I am able to stop things. From time to body organs- -I can even stop conduits from using their powers - only for a little while. That's how I stopped you,"

Folding my arms across my chest to stop my hands from shaking, I took in every word he said. "A quid pro quo is called for here," I started quietly. "I can manipulate kinetic energy- -Mine's a lot more simple than yours..."