Chapter Seven (Part Three) - Suspicions and The Familiar Face

Jennifer Dwayne

25th May 2015 - Santa Monica, Los Angeles

"He said: 'No matter what you do, whoever you bring to your aide, you'll never be able to stop Miles. Unlike you, we have eyes and ears everywhere. And we brought her back to life.'" I repeated.

"'We have eyes and ears everywhere'..." Logan mumbled. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Bellamy turned to the guy with a startled expression on her face.

"You're worried about that?! What about the woman they brought back to life?! Someone on their side can bring back the freakin' dead," She complained pointing to the dead body in front of me while she lost all the color on her face. "I'm not in the mood for Chinese anymore..."

I looked down at the body. Slowly, I pulled down the mask they were wearing to find a pale, lifeless face staring up at me. It had been years since I killed someone. I forgot how cold they went so quickly as all the life was sucked out of them by a bullet or, in this case, a bolt in their chest. Blood was all over my hands, a little was splattered across my face due to him whispering his last words to me with difficulty. I couldn't stop looking at the wound I had made. It was like I had ripped out his heart, but instead the bolt of green light I fired just disintegrated everything in it's way.

Then it hit me. I could literally feel Eden poking her way through my head, examining my emotions, picking at my memories. She was looking at the time I first killed someone, the 15-year-old must have realized I was acting the same way. Turning to her, I saw she didn't have her powers ignited. I couldn't see the vibrant color red anywhere around us. Shortly after we locked eye-contact, I felt her presence leave my head.

"How'd you do that?" I asked her confused. "Y-You were in my head...And your powers weren't even...on," She sat down near the edge of the skyscraper and scratched the back of her neck while the rest of the group looked startled at the body and her.

"What did she do Jen?" Bellamy said harsher than needed be, shocking the Brit beside me.

"She's probably working with the enemy..." Fetch grumbled. That I did not like. I know everyone's thinking it, apart for myself. But it was completely unnecessary.

"Watch it," I snapped, standing up. "She's just a girl!- -"

"One that sent you into hospital plus she obviously killed someone before! She didn't even flinch looking at the dead body. She could easily be messing with our minds!" Fetch argued.

"That's enough," I announced sternly, glaring at her. I took deep breath and walked a few steps away from the body. With a lighter tone, I spoke again. "Let's get some food, clear everything up and plan a way to get these guys,"

"Food's involved? I can't argue with that," Bellamy said smiling. Logan helped Eden up and I wrapped an arm around her neck as she looked down at the ground. Delsin walked in the middle of Fetch and I, while Logan, Bellamy and Eugene led the way.

//

Thankfully, before we ate the massive amount of Chinese food we ordered, I was able to wash all of the dried blood, that didn't belong to me, off my hands and face though it was unlikely that it was coming off my shirt anytime soon. I made my way up to the roof, from the bathroom in the skyscraper where we were planning to eat, and found everyone stuffing their faces.