Chapter Six (Part Two) - North & South

Jennifer Dwayne

25th May 2015 - Santa Monica, Los Angeles

"Teams?" I questioned him. It was good knowing that everyone was finally calming down but deep, deep down I could feel their anger ready to burst when they came face to face to with the red-powered conduit. I didn't want any of the people who were originally infuriated with the girl to start shouting at her, scaring her- -She'll never help nor trust us. So, I had to get to the unknown conduit first. I'll get Delsin to go with me, he thought the girl was harmless- -No, he thought I could defend myself. Yeah, that's right. I can defend myself with the powers I still have no idea how to use. Sure, I can totally defend myself.

The sarcastic voice droning on in my mind caused me to stop listening to the world until fingers were snapped in front of my face. Bellamy. I slapped her hand away and Delsin repeated himself. "As I was saying, we go into two teams: Myself, Jennifer and Logan; then on the other team: Bellamy, Eugene and Fetch,"

"Sounds good," Logan stated folding his arms across his chest. "At least there is one sane person on our team," He grumbled the last part which made Delsin and I shoot him a look, but since he always tries to pull that 'tough-guy' act Logan just brushed our glares off.

"How about Eugene, Bellamy and I go around that side of the city and you lot go in the opposite direction," Fetch suggested gesturing to the south of Santa Monica, so telling us to head north. "What do we do if none of us can find her?"

I scratched the back of my neck, before answering her question. "We'll find her- -She wasn't the best of clothes so I'd say her living conditions are poor - try homes like that or hobo-town," Bellamy and Logan just nodded along while the three from Seattle stared confused at me. "Hobo-town is where the homeless people live - it's near Santa Monica Pier which is in the south,"

"Where we are heading," Eugene finished my sentence. "Visiting that place will be great fun," After making sure we all had one another's contact information, and after I got bickered at by Logan and Bellamy for stealing a phone, we set off.

"Can't believe you stole a phone from a hospital when you have a working one at home," Logan growled as we began to walk into an alleyway I dragged the pair into.

"Oh boo-hoo. We can't really go back to the apartment now can we? Who knows who is waiting for us back there," I snapped back, checking the alleyway for any signs of the color red. Logan had his hands in his pockets and Delsin was adjusting his beanie.

"Jen," Delsin started in a confused tone. I locked eye-contact with him after scanning both of the walls of the alleyway. "What the hell are you doing?"

Stopping what I was doing, I turned to the pair. "The girl told me how to contact her," I explained. "After she healed me, she told me to follow the color red - like her power. And so that is what I'm doing, I looking for that. If you would help, that would seriously speed up the process,"

"You knew that we were probably going to be the ones who found her first, didn't you?" Logan questioned, slightly shocked.

I nodded. "I need to get to her first," I complained. "If anyone from the other team did, they would scare her by shouting at her and questioning her you know, since, apparently, she hospitalized me,"