Chapter Seven (Part Two) - An Explanation

Jennifer Dwayne

25th May 2015 - Santa Monica, Los Angeles

Never, in my life, have I felt so guilty. It was because my stupid fault, to get invovled with Miles in the first place, that this girl lost her family. She saved me in my pathetic battle against him, she was doing the right thing, and in return Eden became alone. People might think she had no-one in this predicament, but even if she didn't trust anyone, Eden had me. We had both been affected and this girl needed closesure.

Shortly after the shocking conversation we had with the 15-year-old, Logan helped Eden light a fire in a rusty oil can she was using as a part of her shelter. The pair flicked the photos into the flames and watched them disintergrate into ashes. She's calming down...just what we need when the others arrive - a calm conduit. I stood next to Delsin and watched the pair as they had their backs faced to us.

"When Eden's fully calmed down and we're with the others..." I started as I folded my arms across my chest. "We need to listen to everything she knows about Miles, Nine and his followers,"

Delsin nodded in agreement. "Didn't Fetch go to see someone? Like to get information?" I turned to him.

"She did," I muttered, suddenley remembering the breif conversation we had before we all set out to find Eden. "Do we know whether this guy, or girl, is realible? Plus who even was it? Probably the only people that know Miles the best are Bellamy and myself...I don't know who else could be so informed,"

"Wait...Bellamy? How does she know a lot about Miles?" Delsin questioned.

I drew my eyebrows together in confusion. "Hasn't she told you?" From the blank expression on his face, I can tell she's not very talkative with Delsin. "The pair are cousins. Bellamy's father is the brother to Miles' mother,"

"Did not see that coming," Delsin stated. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Eden and Logan who were finshing up at the fire. "Is that how you met Bellamy? Through Miles?"

"I met Miles through Bellamy," I corrected, shocking him a little. "Bellamy and I went to school together, I was pretty close to the family. Then her cousins come into town and announce that they were living there, Bella introduced me and that's how our partnership started,"

"Partnership?"

"We were partners-in-crime," I explained. "From stealing to killing - we did it all and we did it together. I gave our family a reputation, I became wanted. But then I got away with it, I got immunity due to the fact that I turned him in,"

He took a step back, suddenly questioning me and my motives. "You've killed someone?"

"So have you,"

"Yeah but- -"

"Exactly. No need to look at me like I'm a monster. I can gurantee that I didn't do it for fun," I hissed returning the facial expression. "Plus, I never planned on being a criminal. I never planned on taking people's lives - it always led to Miles. One way or another,"