Chapter 14: Calming the Storm

Earth, Nov. 18th 2016 @7:15 PM. In the hyper battle of wrath and lust, things are not in Genji's favor. Unlike Alyssa, he has no control over his sin. If it wasn't for the violent wave of emotions brewing inside and the hints of red-black in his attack, he wouldn't have known it was active.

Alyssa, still holding him by his hair, threw him up a few feet. While in midair, she delivered a powerful blow into his abdomen, causing Genji to vomit some saliva.

His pain receptors were firing away as he breached through the roof. Alyssa jumped up and appeared by his side to get her next attack in. She motioned for another punch, but Genji caught her by the wrist.

"What the?!"

Before she could finish, he spun around and threw her back towards the street. On her way there, Genji cloaked himself in electricity. In a fraction of a second of touching the remaining parts of the roof, he dashed off and appeared above Alyssa to spike her down into the street.

She plummeted down, causing a small divot to spread out from the impact.

"Here's another round!" He shouted as flames ignited and danced chaotically around his fists. The mix of blue and red-black was a sight to behold.

Genji slammed his fists down on the dormant Alyssa, his force causing the divot to sink deeper down into the Earth. With his lack of restraint, the flames surrounded the hole and erected an eruption. It was brief and ended within seconds, but he had a feeling it did the trick.

He didn't see the intended foe wiped out beneath him, however. Rather than Alyssa, it was,

"Amber?! What the hell?!"

Genji leapt out of the hole and found Alyssa standing where Amber originally laid.

"Don't forget, I still have my tools." She said, holding her fingers up in a snapping position.

Genji grunted and blazed towards her. He sent in a straight punch, but she disappeared into bats. When they went behind him like before, he anticipated her merging together again. He timed his backhand swing with her recombination, but it resulted in her turning into a bat again.

He kept following the trails of bats, hopelessly attacking. At the very least he wasn't giving her a chance at fighting. He took this time to study each and every individual bat, wondering if there was a difference. He noticed that one was always slightly ahead of the other, and had lighter eyes.

"Gotcha!"

With precision accuracy, he grabbed onto the leading bat. Almost instantly, Alyssa formed with an ever-increasing gripping pressure on her neck.

"D-Damn, you found me out," Genji remained silent, but was curious as to why she was smiling despite her situation, "but did you think about this one?"

One by one, the bats formed into Alyssa copies. Dozens of glaring eyes surrounded him, and they simultaneously attacked him.

One punch was enough to make Genji release his hold on her and cause him to fall. The real one stayed back while the copies crowded him with punches and kicks.

"Ahh, so many cuties. I'm sorry for what I have to do, I hope you can forgive me."

She manifested a giant mallet and slammed down at the pile, destroying her clones and crushing Genji.

He lied there lifelessly, and hopelessly. All he could do was cough up the piling blood filling his throat while he heaved his breaths in his temporarily broken nose.

"Wow, and I had heard that wrath is the strongest of the sins. Just goes to show that even with your sin and God-given powers, you're still pathetic. You were only a real threat when you were just a pussy who cried over smashed lunch."