Chapter 18

Party POV

I'm pissed. What the fuck does Jet think he's doing? Telling me what to do? He even suspected (y/n) as a BLI agent, that's just plainly rude. If I remember correctly, he was one of the supporters of my relationship with (y/n) and now he's taking back of that support? 

What the fuck?

With him saying the words back then, I know he was only trying to warn me. But, I can't help it. I hate it when he does that. I left him beside the Trans Am and I approached her beside the campfire. 

I tapped her left shoulder, "Hey, (y/n). You good?"

She softly nodded. She added a small smile. 

"You look pale as fuck, gal. What's up with that?" I asked, whilst handing her a bottle of beer. She refused by pushing it back to me.

"I don't want that."

"Eh? Why not?" I was getting perplexed with her doings, she was not in the mood, I supposed. But, just about a few hours ago she was full energy, laughing together while looking at Blurryface choked on a plastic hazardous apple. Now, she looked like a papier-mache, easily flown with the winds. Based on her looks, she was pretty languid. 

"I don't want to get drunk-dazed and do dumb shit," she turned at me, "especially the incident where you kissed me."

I blew a raspberry and laughed, "It's just that one time anyway."

"I know, but I don't want to."

Huh? "Why? Am I a bad kisser?" I asked, bending my head, facing her face.

She stared at me with zero reaction, "It's not about that." she finally looked into my eyes, "That was my first kiss, Party. I don't even know how to rate that," she let out a small cackle. 

I sat on the rock, beside her, "See? You look nicer when you laugh. What's up with the frown?" 

She let out a sigh, shook her head, "It's nothing big deal, really."

I put my hand around her shoulders, "Whatever your deal is, is my deal now."

She bursted out of laughter, again. I loved her smile. 

"What's up with that, Party?" she retorted.

"What? What's up with what, honey?" I asked as my eyes fixated with her dreamy and beautiful eyes. Filled up with rage and confusion. 

She silenced. For a while. 

I figured that she had to composed her words carefully. So, I waited until she was ready. 

She took a deep breath and let it go. She looked at me, deep into my eyes as she was piercing through my soul and it wrenched my heart a bit. 

"You remind me a lot of my brother."

OH? Does this mean I'm rejected?

My eyes widened, frankly, quite surprised, "That's what you've been all gloomy about? Me looked like your brother?"

"Well, sort of. I'm sorry," she said, as she downed her head.

"Hey, hey, there's no need to say you're sorry. You did nothing wrong, okay?" I said, trying to assure her. 

"I just feel like, I'm safe with you, you know? I just had the best laugh with you after his death," she retorted, with her head still facing down the ground, looking at our shoe tips. 

My fingertips quickly grabbed her chin, softly, "Don't look down, you did nothing wrong."

Both of our eyes met, her face were pure red as was blood gushing all over her face. Her lips looked soft, tender and tempted me. 

But, I know it was not a perfect time either. I remembered clearly she wasn't ready for a kiss. So, I waited for her to be ready.

I felt that Jet is watching me from my back and as his eyes were a real actual lasers piercing down my head. Ghoul was in front of me, having fun with the new Killjoys and Kobra, he was asleep inside one of the tent.

I know he was quite tired on keeping an eye on us. He deserved the sleep. 

Then, I smiled to (y/n), "Don't let those lips frown. You're beautiful without it."

She was to stunned to speak. So, I hugged her, tightly enough that I won't let it go. We watched the sparkling fire in front of us, warming us in this cold night.

She was asleep in my hands. Before she closed her eyes, I remembered that she said faintly:

"Don't let go until I wake up."

So, I answered her, "I won't."