Chapter 14

~Jess' POV~

The first week and a half in New York was hectic to say the least. It was non stop and the days went slower than anything else that I've ever done in all of my career. All I wanted to do was stop and sleep for a very long time. You know the feeling? Luckily, today was the only half day I had received. I spent it in bed in my hotel, watching movies and eating whatever came into my eyesight. Food, that is!

I had hardly spoken to Scarlett, but I thought about her every minute of everyday. An interviewer could say anything and I'd somehow relate it to her. She was driving my mind crazy, for all of the wrong reasons. It would be around about midnight over there, and I knew she wouldn't be sleeping, so I clicked on her name on Skype, and pressed 'call'. After a while of hearing beeping, she finally picked up. Her face filled my screen, and a smile filled my face.

''Hello, Cornish.''

''Scarlett,'' I smiled, trying not to look too in love. I got butterflies whenever she spoke to me. Well, whenever we weren't in an argument.

''How are you?''

''Tired. Incredibly, extremely, totally tired.'' It even took effort to say that, not going to lie.

''I can only imagine. Why don't you get an early night?''

''Because that would involve me not talking to you.''

''Fine,'' she sighed. I knew I would get my own way.

''How are you?''

''Quite well, actually.''

''You are?''

''I am. I spoke to Ruby on the phone yesterday.'' Well, I wasn't exactly expecting that.

''You did what?!'' I probably sounded sarcastically surprised.

''You heard me.''

''How did that happen?''

''I was on the phone with your mum, because I fancied a chat. She obviously had Ruby there and for a split second I felt so good and I spoke to her.''

She could probably tell that I was shocked, as I didn't reply. I didn't really know what to say. I just sort of came out with what I said next. ''That's amazing. I'm so proud of you.''

''It felt good,'' she admitted.

''What did she say?''

''That she missed us three being together and wanted us to be a happy family again.''

''Woah.'' It was a lot to take in.

''Yeah, your mum kind of whisked her away from the phone in case it upset me,'' she giggled.

''And did it?''

''No, it made me smile.'' It was so fucking good to see her happy.

''Well I'm glad.''

''Me too.'' You could hear the smile in her voice, and see it on her face.

''Do you feel as if you're getting better?''

''Yeah, I think I just needed some time by myself to figure everything out. Although saying that, I miss you so much,'' she rubbed her eyes, showing she was tired.

''I miss you too,'' I whimpered, tears trickling down my cheek.

''Dude, don't cry! I'm not there to hug you,'' she panicked, biting her lip.

''I'm sorry, it just hit me in the gut,'' I wiped my tears away and stared at the beautiful love of my life who was on the screen in front of me. Why wasn't I there with her to encourage her even more?

''I honestly feel as if I'm getting happier and better.''

''You have no idea how happy that makes me, Scars.''

''Is today your only day off?'' She asked, yawning.

''I had the afternoon off, I've been working since I got here and we're back to it tomorrow.'' I threw my fist in the air, pretending to be enthusiastic.

''Only four more days and then I can hug you and make you feel better.'' Just hearing her say that, alone; had the power to make me feel better.

For the next half an hour, we were having a competition to see who could be the soppiest. If I am honest with you, it was pretty tight. But because I can, let's just say that I won.

After saying bye about a million times, we managed to end the call. I was so excited to see her again, you have no idea. Before settling down to watch another film, I decided to text her.

'Goodnight babe, stay hydrated x'

She replied instantly:

'I will. Goodnight, sweetheart xx'

A/N: I got my act together and updated this after like 3 months. I'm sorry if there's any typos, I shall edit this later. I just wanted to update:)