Frankie

"Frankie! Hurry up!"

Oh yeah a vacation to Utah with Reggie and her weird ass brother was JUST how I wanted to spend my time. It wasn't Regina's fault, we've been friends for 6 years and I love her to death, but fucking Devon... I REALLY want to run him over. He's constantly railroaded her and done nothing to help her truly heal, in fact when he found out I set her up with a therapist, he nearly punched me... I say nearly because he swung but was also the one to get knocked on his ass. I do not play that game. Add to it that I barely tolerate Terra and Tom, assholes talk way too much shit, and have never met Samir and this whole trip is just... ugh. Reggie is the only light in this fucked up hellscape.

The excuse Devon used was 'we're thinking about selling our mom's property.' OK... fair but then he's talking about some guy named Walter that's been taking care of it, so why can't he just deal with it for them? I don't know, the whole thing is fucky and I've not missed how jumpy Reggie's been since we got here. The cop was clearly familiar with her but that doesn't mean it's a good memory, I know what happened here... none of it was good and I absolutely blame her brother. Devon fucking HATES me because I see through his bullshit but if he thinks I'm leaving him alone with Reggie... I will rot in hell before I leave that girl without me. It won't fucking happen.

"What's so special about this bar?" I huff "Besides the fact that it's the ONLY bar."

"The Walter guy owns it." She shrugged.

"That tells me... nothing Reg. Is it a magic bar?" that got her to laugh and Devon's glaring at me, he HATES that I can make her laugh, well... fuck you too Devon! "Come on babes, magic or not, liquor is liquor and I need all the shots after that drive and the house and the dog..."

"It wasn't that bad." She countered.

"It was."

"OK so Tom ripping ass and locking the windows was a dick move."

"Yes it was."

"And the house not having a toilet does suck."

"Yes it does."

"And Terra was being a little bit of a bitch to you."

"A little bit? Regina, she thinks I want to ride your brother's dick like a roller coaster... just no."

Regina's damaged but she's smart and knows how much her brother dislikes me and vice versa. She sides with me on most things, the therapist she's still seeing (thank the gods) has helped her see a lot of things wrong with how he treats her, but this is still her brother so family and all that bullshit. Doesn't change that his girlfriend is all sorts of crazy if she thinks I want to go anywhere near his slimy trouser snake.

"OK, OK... but... I'm still glad you came."

She wrapped her arm around my waist and I can't help but kiss the side of her head. I swear I would die for this girl and she knows it. Of course what is meant to be affection between two friends is seen as something more from the guys we're with; they seriously think that I'm incapable of having platonic friendships with ANYONE because I'm bi... fuckheads. Jokes on them because I would fuck the bartender Walter before I'd fuck any of them.

"Pretty girls." He motioned over to us, his accent so think it's a little difficult to make out.

"You know my sister."

"Yes but I do not know the other one."

He's eyeing me up and down like a dog trying to see if he can get the steak off the counter before its master comes back inside. Easy there caballero I've got kinks but a daddy kink isn't one of them.

"Frankie. Nice to meet you."

No reason to be rude. Being leered at by strange men isn't anything new for either me or Reg. She's got that cute, tight body of a cheerleader with her big doe eyes and perfect complexion. I swear I'm not trying to fuck her, she is simply adorable and I've broken several frat guys hands for trying to touch her. Regina doesn't like to be touched, except by me or her brother, because she knows we're safe. Well, she knows I'M safe. Devon's one wrong move away from losing his fucking appendages... all of them.