Brotherly Love

The fight was set for Saturday at 10 and when I pull up, I realize this is very much an underground situation. Prize fighting doesn't pay as much as you might think. I'm in no way professional so the money I do make is a thousand at most. If I had regular gigs, I could probably make a couple grand a month but I'm not looking to give myself a permanent concussion. Besides, I took up the sport as a hobby. That way I don't end up 6 months down the line hating it and any money I do make is just a perk. With all that said, underground prize fights can get bad fast. They tend to not worry about rules and people can get killed doing this shit. Guess it's my fault for not asking more fucking questions.

"Frankie Winston?"

"Yeah."

"Follow me."

All these guys have the same taste in women: blonde(real or fake), tits as fake as their tan, too short skirts and flirty as all hell... oh y-you think I'm complaining? Fuck no. I've screwed around with more than one in the janitor's closest after a fight. Not saying I'm going to do that at this fight but maybe if I flirt with this one she'll give me some info on my competition.

"So... you fighting tonight?"

She lets out a giggle which tells me I may not have to work too hard on this one. "No. I've been told I hit like a teddy bear."

"Come on now. You look like you're a real wild cat." Oh god I almost gagged at my own line. OK, not my line. I stole it from Tig but it's been a minute since I've hit on a woman. "Bet you could show me a good time."

That gets her to turn around, her cheeks dusted pink, and she is giving me a pretty good look over. She barely even glanced at me when she called my name, but she seems to like what she's seeing.

"Well damn. Didn't know they made fighters that look like you... you new?"

"Oh no sweetheart. I've got all kinds of experience." I wink at her and she bites her lip at my insinuation. Goddamn I should get a trophy for this. I've seen the guys strike out much sooner with much better pick-up lines. "So...you know my name but I didn't catch yours."

"Chastity" of course it is. It seems to always be the people with those 'virtuous' names that are game for the craziest shit. Them and Courtney's, don't ask me why. "Is Frankie short for something?"

"Francesca."

"That's beautiful."

"Well, not as beautiful as you."

Someone behind me is clearing their throat and when I turn around, I'm met with the very amused face of Tig. He of course is standing next to the annoyed face of my brother, the impressed face of Kip, and Gemma. I can't quite make out what she's thinking but I doubt I'll have to wait to find out.

"I'm sorry. No one's allowed back here but the fighters."

"Don't worry about it sweetheart. We're with her."

"Oh, um..."

She looks over to me and while I don't usually lay it on this thick in front of people, I really do want to know about my challenger. Couldn't find shit online so she's my best bet. So, I take a deep breath and gently move her hair behind her ear, brushing her cheek in the process. I don't think she realizes the little shudder she does but it works so... I am so burning in hell.

"It's fine. If anyone asks, they're my team."

"OK. I guess that's fine. I think we allow teams back here... what are teams?"

She leaned in and whispered the question, I say whisper but it was loud enough for the others to hear, and now I'm wondering who the fuck is running this thing. I mean, yeah the people don't usually hire geniuses but they know what the hell boxing is about. I'm assuming the person is new or doesn't actually give a fuck, just trying to make easy money... actually I guarantee it's the latter.