Pit stop

It's only 10 hours from Caineville to Charming, however the route takes us right through Vegas... bet you can guess where Mac wants to stop. To be honest, I'm not interested in stopping until I know we're safe. I left behind some bullshit in Charming but that's still where my family is, where my brother is.

We drove in Mac's truck until just outside Cedar City where I insisted we dump it. You'd think I asked him to cut his dick off or stop using... which that one is coming, but the bitch fit he threw over the fucking truck was honestly ridiculous.

"Scrap the fucking truck or hitchhike back home. I'm sure Walter would be just THRILLED to welcome you home after you gutted Devon like a fish."

That shut him up for half a second until I made him get in the back. He's still not really great at understanding personal space or what the word 'no' means and I'm sick of him trying to slip his hands between my thighs. Not to mention Regina is still a mess, understandable after all that bullshit, so she is to be next to me at all times. Reggie's not happy about traveling with Mac and again, not something I can blame her for. She finally managed to pass out about an hour outside of Caineville, and he told me what happened that night. I was pissed when he told me about his friend spiking his drink, that one time is what led him to the addiction, but it doesn't excuse him hurting her like that... kept that shit to myself though.

Before we got in the new car, Reggie pulled me to the side to apologize. No fucking clue why she felt it necessary but I didn't interrupt. She told me that she's sorry for putting so much pressure on me about Mac, that she sees me trying to keep him under control and away from her. She told me she'd seen the stab wounds and just wanted us to get somewhere there was a hospital and honestly, same. I'm no longer bleeding but I need to find some kind of painkillers and antibiotics before this shit gets infected.

We were an hour outside of Vegas when Mac started to whine like a four year old, worse than a four year old actually. My brothers got two kids and they were never this bad... fuck how am I going to survive this trip? I mean I sorta get it. He's not used to having to actually control himself but after I nearly cut his throat when he attempted to wrestle the car keys from me, he seemed to get the hint. However this whining may be worse than an all-out brawl, at least that's something I know I can win.

"Come on Frankie. We're all fucking exhausted, you need ta go to a hospital and Regina needs somethin to eat."

"Two things... I only need a hospital because YOU stabbed me and what did I say about you saying shit about Reg? I don't even want you saying her name. Do it again and I'll cut your tongue out."

"There ya go again. Making me love you."

"Oh for fucks sake. If we stop, you had better behave Mac! If you do something stupid and get arrested, that's it. I won't bail you out, I'll cut my fucking loses and then me and Reggie will go to California without you. Do you understand me?"

"Yeah."

"Good... Reg, you OK with this?"

"I mean, you really do need a hospital Frankie."

"What I need is sleep and a cheeseburger with extra pickles. I can wait until Charming for the rest of the shit."

"Francesca..."

"Regina, I'll take some aspirin."

"No." Reggie usually lets me have my way but there's a hard look in her eyes I haven't seen before. "You are going to the hospital. I won't have my best friend die from sepsis"

"Reg"

"You have no idea if he hit an artery or something Frankie! You don't know what kind of damage could be done that we can't see! You either go to the hospital or..."