Chapter 15

"How did you find me? I missed you." I close my eyes burying my nose into his neck.

His arms lightly wrap around my waist, "You called, remember?"

I shake my head tightening my hold on him, I never want to let him go.

He sucks his teeth, "How much did you drink?" He pulls back looking at me and I couldn't help but smile widely.

The corner of his lips slowly turns up and his eyebrows lighten, he sighs shaking his head and taking my arm.

"I need water," I hiccup hugging his arm. "You smell like warm flowers. The pretty ones."

      Someone shakes my shoulder and I push at them to be quiet. "Arlo, get the fuck up I'm not carrying you."

Groaning, I lean on him to step off the car. "That's cuz you're weak," I slur my words, I blink rapidly trying to clear my vision to see him.

He looks like a photograph, the background is blurry but he's so clear and bright. "Are you mad at me?"

He sternly looks forward.

"Your skin is so pretty," I poke his cheek and he sighs in annoyance.

"Please don't be mad at me."

"I'm not mad," he says clicking on the elevator button.

"Yes, you are. I can always tell when you're mad."

The elevator dings and we step in. I lean into the corner holding onto the railing and he sighs crossing his arms, staring at the floor levels go up.

"I'm sorry."

He blinks at me.

"For the kissing and for...everything else." I step forward, "Please forgive me."

His eyebrow knit and I feel him tense as I rest my forehead on his shoulder. "I should have never..." I shake my head. "Did I...force you? I'm so sorry, I will never forgive myself."

He slowly shakes his head, "I don't know why I did." He says quietly. "I... don't know."

I sniff nuzzling into his shoulder, "I just want my best friend back. Please?" My voice breaks and tears slip from my eyes. "If you don't want me anymore...to not be my friend then just tell me. Because living like this, without speaking, without even looking at each other. It hurts." I confess.

"Can we just forget?" I say in a last attempt.

I slowly feel his warm hand on my back bringing me into a bear hug, I sigh melting into him.

Ding!

      My head pounds as if my brain has been sucked dry, and my throat feels raw and raspy with the taste of mouthwash and vomit. Something presses against my bladder making my eyes go wide, I prop myself on my elbows and my breath gets caught in my throat. Lucas's leg is thrown over me, his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Please tell me you don't have to vomit again?" Lucas mumbles under his breath not letting me go. "I already gave you Pedialyte."

"W-what? Why are you...why are we..." I look down at my half-naked body, we're both only wearing boxers. He rolls off me and my body aches as I sit up, especially my hips.

"What happened?"

He rubs his face yawning, "Don't you remember? It was very magical."

I freeze, this is not how I wanted it to happen.

"Don't worry, it wasn't that great," he shrugs.

Gasping I scoot back panic rising in me, "I-I--"

He looks at me, his lips pressing together before bursting out laughing. I throw my pillow at his face, "Very funny."