18

(Oliver's pov)

After Chelsea had left, I couldn't stop thinking about Samuel. I was starting to feel sick from all of this overthinking. The more I thought of him, the more my chest hurt.

It's been years since I reacted this way about him. The one thing I didn't tell Chelsea is that after Samuel left, I felt our bond break. Vampires bond in different ways than say wolves do. With wolves, they bite their fated pair to let everyone know that they're theirs.

With vampires, ours is more of a soul thing. Our bonds are created when ours souls link together. Losing one's pair is excruciating. When I felt our bond break I knew, I knew Samuel had died. That's the only way our bonds can be broken is through death.

I sat up in bed, clutching my chest as the pain intensified. I thought I had gotten past this part. I was promised that it would ease up over the years, so why now? Why was I in so much pain?

I can't do this anymore.

I threw back the blanket off of me, getting out of bed as I slipped on a pair of pants as well as my shoes. I walked over to my bedroom door, opening it as I quickly made my way through the castle.

Once I reached the castle doors, I stormed out of the castle. The frigid winter air was like a slap in the face. A much needed slap in the face. I started towards the one person that I felt could help me, and that one person was Michael.

I ran towards the woods using my gift of inhuman speed. One thing I have noticed is that my speed has enhanced greatly since becoming I woke up from my coma. I was ten times faster now than as to when I was just a vampire. My pace slowed when the pack house came into view. I was in luck. Bradley was outside.

"Oliver, what are you doing here?" he asked as I walked up to him.

"Is Michael here?" I asked.

"He is. I'll take you to him," Bradley said as he led the way.

We walked through the front door of the pack house. I could feel several eyes watching me as we made our way up the stairs. Once we reached the top of the stairs, Bradley walked over to one of the doors.

"Micheal, Oliver's here," Bradley said as the door opened, revealing a shirtless Michael.

He had scars all over his torso. I could only imagine that the scars reached to his back as well. You couldn't be an Alpha as powerful as Michael without having some battle scars to prove it.

"Come in," Michael said as he moved to the side, letting me enter.

"So what can I help you with?" Michael asked as he closed the door.

"Can you promise me this won't leave this room?" I asked.

"Of course," he said, giving me a questioning look.

"When I was still at Lucas's castle, there was this boy that was there with me."

"Ok?"

"We became a pair, but our bond was broken," I said, sighing before continuing. "When it first happened, the pain was unbearable, but it eventually went away, but tonight the pain is back."

"I see," Michael said as he neared me.

"Is there any way you can make this pain go away?" I asked, my voice shaky as I felt a lump form in my throat.

"There is one way," Michael said.

"How?" I asked.

"Follow me," he said as

I followed him out into the hallway. We walked back down the stairs. We walked down this dimly lit hallway, coming to a stop once we reached a black door. I turned towards Micheal to ask him why we were here, but he was already gone.

"Can I help you?" I heard from behind me. I quickly turned to see a man standing in front of me.

"I, um," I said.

"Do you need something, Oliver?" he asked, smirking as he looked down at me.

"How do you know my name?"

"I'm Ezekiel, Michael's son," Ezekiel proudly said.

"So, do you need something?"

"Uh, I guess. Michael told me to follow him and he led me here."

"I see, well might as well come in then," he said, walking back into his room, leaving his door open.

I hesitantly walked in, closing the door behind me.

"If my father brought you here, then you've either been rejected or lost your mate. Am I right?"

I stood there, staring at him, not knowing what to say. How did he know that?

"How can you help me?" I asked.

Ezekiel slowly walked over to me. I tried to back away from him, but I was cornered. He placed his hands on either side of my head, making sure I couldn't escape. Ezekiel brought one of his hand's to my chest, right above where my heart was at. I looked down at his hand to see it had this blueish glow to it.

"W-What are you d-doing?" I stuttered out as warmth spread throughout my whole chest.

"Helping you," Ezekiel said.

Before I could reply, it felt like all the heaviness and sadness from earlier had disappeared. Being replaced by this feeling of peace. Ezekiel removed his hand as he slowly backed away from me. I stood there, trying to comprehend what had just happened. I looked over at Ezekiel to find that he was watching me.

I gasped as Ezekiel's eyes turned to this golden color before his lips crashed against mine.