12

(Daryl's pov)

"Have you by any chance seen Arabella?" Elizabeth asked as we finished getting dressed for the day.

"Now that I think of it, I haven't seen her since yesterday," I replied before giving her a questioning look. "Why do you ask?"

"Oh nothing, I was just curious, is all."

I walked over to where Elizabeth was at, cupping her face between my hands.

"Love, tell me what's troubling you."

Elizabeth looked at me nervously before biting her bottom lip.

"I don't know if I should tell you."

"Why not?"

"Because you don't exactly get along with Lucas, that's why."

"Well now, you've definitely piqued my interest," I said as I started to grow slightly anxious about what she was hiding from me.

"Lucas took Arabella somewhere yesterday to have a talk with her."

"And?" I asked.

"Nobody has seen her since they left," Elizabeth said.

"No one?"

"No, and I'm starting to get a little worried."

"I'm sure she's alright love. How about I go check her room, just to make sure? She probably came home late last night and didn't want to disturb you."

"I would really appreciate that, and you're probably right," Elizabeth said, giving me an unsure smile.

"I'll be right back," I said, giving her lips a quick peck before leaving my worried wife.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't concerned. It wasn't like Arabella to not tell at least one of us when or where she was going. Ever since Lucas came here, she's been acting a little out of it. From what Elizabeth told me, they had been in a pretty serious relationship at one point.

"Arabella," I said as I knocked on her door, I stood there waiting for an answer, but no answer came. I waited a few more minutes before I reached down, grabbing hold of the door handle, turning it as I slammed her door open.

I stormed into her room, only to stop in my tracks. In front of me stood a very naked Lucas, who was at the moment using his shirt to cover his self.

"Can I help you?" Lucas asked.

"M-My apologies," I stammered out before slamming the door shut.

I knocked on the door one more time, this time getting a reply.

"What is it?" I heard Lucas say from the inside of Arabella's room.

"I just need to know if Arabella is in there?"

The door opened as a now dressed Lucas stood in front of me.

"She is. She's taking a bath at the moment. Is there something you need?"

"Just making sure she was alright. My wife was getting a little worried about her is all," I said.

"I see. Well, she's alright. I'm sorry if I worried anyone. We came back here pretty late last night."

"Yes, well. I'll be leaving now," I said, hurrying away before the situation could get anymore awkward.

It wasn't long before I was back in the comfort of my room again.

"Well?" Elizabeth asked from her seat at the vanity.

"She's fine," I said.

"Why do you look like that?"

"Look like what?"

"I don't know. You're just acting weird is all," she said, standing as she made her way towards me.

"Are you sure everything was ok?"

All it took was meeting my wife's eyes before I caved and started running my mouth.

"I saw Lucas standing naked in Arabellas room," I blurted out.

"And where exactly was Arabella?"

"Taking a bath."

Elizabeth's mouth flew open in shock as she just stood there, staring at me. Her shock soon turned into a huge smile on her face.

"Well, it's about damn time they got together."

"Wait what?" I asked, now the one who was shocked.

"You should've seen them yesterday, honey. They are still so madly in love with each other," Elizabeth said, almost giddy.

"What about Daniel, though?"

"What about Daniel?" She asked, her mood switching from happy to annoyed.

Daniel and she never really got along. I mean, I can't blame her. Most of the time I didn't even get along with him, and now especially with what I know about him.

"Arabella never loved him and I highly doubt that asshole even knew how to love, so I think it's fine, besides. It's so romantic. They were always meant to be together, and now they can be," Elizabeth said, walking up to me, wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm just protective of her, that's all," I said.

"I know you are, but I assure you, Lucas is good to her."

"He better be," I mumbled under my breath, as Elizabeth laughed at me.