Chapter Seven: A Walk In The Rain

"Oh, thunder only happens when it's raining, players only love you when they're playing; Say, women, they will come and they will go, when the rain washes you clean, you'll know."

-Dreams by Fleetwood Mac

"What was your old town like?" Lily asked, looking over to me, as we sat in the backseats. I was out of breath after our 6 minutes of laughing. I quickly gasped for air, and looked at her with confusion.

"How did you know I recently moved here?" I was confused, since I hadn't told her yet.

"Rumors, you know. One of my "friends" told me that there's a new girl in our grade" She said, using air quotes.

"Who?" I asked, since the only person I could think of was Itsuki, who I told at the park the other day.

"Victoria, I think her name is. Or maybe it's Valerie? I honestly have no idea. She's always trying to talk to me and she follows me around, I think she thinks we're friends or something." Lily sighed. "She's the one that called you a cockroach."

"Oh." I replied in annoyance.

"Sorry I didn't do anything when she said that. I don't know, I just wanted to see if you could stand up to yourself." She replied.

"Wait, if you don't like her, then why not tell her to just get lost?" I asked.
"She's an attention seeker, along with all my other followers. She craves drama. If I tell her to get lost, she will tell everyone about things I have never done." She sighed. "I've seen it happen before, with my only true friend. Everyone stared at her when she walked through the hallways, whispering and snickering under their breath. She blamed it on me and ended up moving schools."

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't be. It's just what happens when you're popular. People are constantly waiting for you to screw up."

"Good thing I'm not popular then. I screw up every other day," I smiled. Lily laughed a little.

"So... What was your old town like?" Lily asked again.

"It wasn't the best. I didn't have any friends, I'm guessing it was because I was dating a girl-" I stopped myself. Damn it, how could I let that slip? Me liking girls was the whole reason I had no friends, and now she will be weirded out and tell the whole school and it will be the same thing that happened last year all over again. I started to panic. I was going to correct myself and say that I meant "boyfriend," or something, but Lily interrupted my train of thought.

"How long have you guys been dating?" She smiled.

"Oh uh, we started dating in freshman year. I think it's been a year or so," I replied, waiting for her to bring up the fact that she's a girl and I'm a girl and that's not normal.

"How's the long distance going?" She asked. Lily still hasn't said anything about me being gay.

"We actually um... broke up two days ago" I said the last part quietly.

"Aw, poor girl." Lily said as she put her arm round my shoulder. "First breakup?"

I sighed.

"Yeah."

"Come on, don't be upset. You're out of her league anyway," She patted my head.

"But you don't know her." I looked at Lily.

"But I know you," She smiled. Okay, Itsuki was right about giving her a chance. Lily's pretty cool.

We arrived at the mall after twenty minutes or so. The amount of traffic was literally insane. We stepped out of the car, and Lily waved at her butler goodbye saying she would call him to pick us up. We were walking up to the mall; she was telling me about the many boyfriends she's had, which was a lot, and I kept scoffing, saying how big of jerks they were. She didn't seem sad when talking about them though, she just seemed annoyed really. She told me that they only dated her for her money when she actually really liked them.