Chapter Five: Returning Home

━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━
❨ ∘ 𝔞𝔠𝔱 3 ∘ ❩
. . .‧₊˚ ✩ CHAPTER FIVE ✩.‧₊˚ . . .
RETURNING HOME

❛fury once again❜━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

fury once again
━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

Rhodey rushes into Monaco hospital and felt as if he had deja vu from the last two times he was there. Both times for Lydia.

He nods at Happy and was talking to other guards before walking into the private waiting room and seeing Pepper pacing as Natalie was on the phone talking.

"Pepper," Rhodey calls making Pepper look at him before rushing towards him.

"I got here as soon as I could. What happened? Where's Tony?" Rhodey asks her as Pepper wipes her tears.

"He's with Lydia. They would only let him back there mostly since Tony wouldn't let her go," Pepper says as Rhodey looks even more concerned.

"There was an attack on the racetrack. Lydia got hurt and I didn't notice. None of us did till she got out and passed out in Tony's arms. So far all I know is she has a concussion and maybe a broken arm," Pepper tells him as she tries not to sob.

Rhodey looks at her sadly as Pepper sits down taking a few deep breaths.

Tony sighs as he remembers how terrified he felt in those few hours as his daughter went through test after test.

Rhodey sighs and was about to sit down when Tony opens the door coming out of the room.

"Natalie get the plane ready we are heading back tonight. And tells Happy I want no reports. Nothing around when we leave," Tony tells Natalie who nods.

"Of course Mr.Stark," Natalie tells him as she leaves the room. Pepper and Rhodey rush towards Tony who begins pacing running his hands through his hair.

"What did they say?" Rhodey asks Tony who shakes his head.

"She has a concussion and needed stitches. Her arm isn't broken just sprained and her leg is bruised," Tony tells them as he shakes his head.

"Tony," Pepper whispers worriedly.

"She got hurt," Tony says as his voice cracks slightly.

"You know I would never do anything to put my daughter in harm's way. And I did. She's hurt because of me," Tony says as he shakes his head.

"This wasn't your fault. That man attacked you and you defend yourself," Rhodey tells Tony who shakes his head.

"I made these suits to protect the one thing I can't live without. My daughter. And because of it, she could have died. If his whip had gone one inch to the right she would be dead," Tony tells Rhodey as he shakes his head.