Chaptier Three: Recruitment

━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━
❨ ∘ 𝔞𝔠𝔱 4 ∘ ❩
. . .‧₊˚ ✩ CHAPTER THREE ✩.‧₊˚ . . .
Recruitment

❛my protector❜━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

my protector
━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

Inside a SHIELD analytical room, filled with monitors of partially silhouetted people. Fury stands in the middle, frowning at the people that make up the World Security Council.

"This is out of line, Director. You're dealing with forces you can't control," one of the councilmen tells Fury.

"You ever been in a war, Councilman? In a firefight? Did you feel an overabundance of control?" Fury asks him.

Lydia laughs at that as she nods her head agreeing with Fury.

"You saying that this Asgard has declared war on our planet?" The councilman asks Fury.

"Asgard would never!" Thor exclaims as Lydia smile at him nodding her head.

"Not Asgard, Loki," Fury corrects him.

"He can't be working alone. What about the other one? His brother," another councilman asks.

"Those two do nothing together. They are complete opposites!" Lydia says as Loki and Thor nod agreeing with her words.  

"Our intelligence says, Thor is not hostile. But he's worlds away, we can't depend on him to help. It's up to us," Fury tells the council members.

"Which is why you should be focusing on phase 2, it was designed for exactly...," the council member says as Fury shakes his head.

"Idiots," Lydia mutters shaking her head.

"PHASE 2 isn't ready, our enemy is. We need a response team," Fury tells them as the council members shake their heads.

"The Avengers Initiative was shut down," one of the council members tells him.

"This isn't about The Avengers," Fury tells them.

Lydia scoffs at that. The Avengers are awesome. Even better know that Lydia was a part of them.

"We're running the world's greatest covert security network and you're gonna leave the fate of the human race to a handful of freaks," a Council member tells Fury.

"Hey shut up you asshole! I have heels longer than your dick," Lydia yells at the screen throwing popcorn at it that she got from Loki.