18

a/n: sorry if this is shit

Fast Cars and First DatesSeptember 4, 1968

September 4, 1968

They hadn't told a soul. At least Georgia hadn't. She had no idea what Dally made of the situation but she figured they had the same idea. Say nothing.

She wasn't even sure if there was anything to talk about. They'd kissed. Several times, but what was the point in telling anyone. Besides, they were his friends first. He should break the news.

She meandered around her apartment, having the day off meant hours of nothing. Normally she appreciated the break in her schedule. Today though was getting too mundane.

Nearing noon she was feeling stir crazy. She hadn't talked to her, whatever he was, since they'd fixed her tires. The irrational part of her thought maybe he was tired of her already. But realistically she knew this was not the case. And as if some part of the universe understood her rambling thoughts, the phone rang to interrupt them.

"Hello?" Georgia answered. The only people that ever called were her coworkers.

"Morning doll," that familiar voiced drawled from the other line.

"How'd you get my number?" Georgia hopped up on her counter, yellow phone cord stretchdd behind her.

"Don't worry about it. I have a question," Dallas sounded reserved. Something very unlike him.

"Shoot."

"What're you doing later?"

"Between staring at into my fridge and watching reruns, nothing. Why?" Georgia questioned.

"Well, um," he paused. For a while.

"Dally?"

"Iwaswonderingifyou'dwannagoonadatewithme?"

"Huh?" Georgia heard him. She knew she heard him because she felt her cheeks heat up.

"I was wondering... if you... wanna go on a... date... with me? Tonight?"

"Hmmm let me check my schedule," she pretended to set the phone down.

"Awe come on man this is already hard enough," he plead.

"I would like that," she laughed.

"Thank god."

"Did you really think I would say no?"