14

*significant fighting*

August 30, 1968**Paul, Gregg, and Other Assholes**

August 30, 1968
**Paul, Gregg, and Other Assholes**

Georgia hadn't considered the fact that her car stood out like a sore thumb. Not only was it a Corvette, a relatively unpopular car in Tulsa, but it was blue, baby blue to be specific. And driving around in it was like a calling card.

Two-Bit had told her that Paul was not going to be happy about his and Georgia's "interaction". He'd likely come looking for the gang which they were accustomed to, or worse, he'd look for Georgia. Georgia thought it sounded extreme, that he'd hunt her down alone. Two-Bit had made it clear that it didn't matter.

"If you're grease, you're grease, don't matter who you are," he said.

With the warning replaying itself in her head, Georgia poured herself another cup of coffee. Five, six? she'd stopped counting. Paulette's was slower than normal. At one in the morning, she didn't expect lots of traffic. But the hours were dragging by. She was tired, hungry, and sick of standing around. She cleaned every table twice. She restocked straws, napkins, condiments, and everything else imaginable. She busied herself now with watching the coffee pot drip and chewing the inside of her lip. She had eight hours left.

Someone, please come in.

And someone did. She whipped around towards the door, coffee splashed out of her mug onto her hand. She set it down quickly and shook the liquid off. The bell jingled quietly as an unwelcome face smirked at her.

"Hey there pretty thing," Paul slithered towards the counter, "you're pretty easy to find, yanno." His hair was gelled back and showed off his eyes. Bright green and full of malice, staring daggers into her.

"You know, I think your nose looks better now. It really throws off the bitch boy look," Georgia stared right back. She was not in the mood. And Paul knew better than most that she was not afraid to hold her own.

"You should really think before you speak, darlin'. You're gonna make me mad," Paul leaned against the counter now. He was inches from Georgia's face. It was a familiar situation, and she would happily repeat the other day's events.

"I couldn't give a damn if I make you angry. I've dealt with worse than you," Georgia laughed. It was the truth. At this point, anything Paul threw at her was likely incomparable to Charlie. She wasn't afraid of him in the least.

"Awe, well maybe I'll just have to repay you another way," Paul grinned. He was trying to get a rise out of her.

"Well, how about you sit down and think it over. Either that or get the fuck out of my diner," she leaned so close she could feel his breath on her face. She could tell he was afraid of her. And she knew he couldn't do much more than coming at her with empty threats. Seeing as there was no alternative, she figured he'd leave.