02

Cherry CokeJuly 22, 1968

Cherry Coke
July 22, 1968

After finally getting Georgia's car into the DX lot, and filled with gas, the three made their way back inside the station.

"I still just wanna know where in the hell you got a nice car like that in a place like here," Soda was leaned against the counter, eyeing the girl's car.

"Stole it," Georgia laughed. Once again the boys' eyes widened. "I'm starting to realize I'm not great at jokes. It was a gift, kinda."

"Well whoever gave you that as a gift, I'd like to meet 'em," Steve replied.

No, you don't, Georgia thought. "Maybe I'll let you drive it one day."

Sodapop looked at Steve. Both boys were looking at the girl with love in their eyes.

"Well, I should, uh, probably head home, and sleep," Georgia nodded. This shook the boys out of their stupor.

"Oh wait, before you go," Soda walked towards the girl, "we're havin' a party for Ponyboy later, you should swing by." Sodapop scratched the back of his neck. Steve was still staring at the car.

"You met me 8 hours ago, for all you know I could be a wanted woman," Georgia raised her eyebrows, "besides I don't want to intrude."

"Ah, come on. I planned it, so I can invite whoever I want. Plus, I doubt anyone wanted for anything would drive such an eye-catcher."

Georgia chuckled, "You're probably right. What time?"

"8:30. It's at Buck's. It's a 'bar' near the east side," Steve finally spoke.

"No way you're throwing a 17-year-old a party at a bar," Georgia smiled.

"Kid's been drinking since age 14," Soda laughed, "And by the looks of you, I'll guess you have, too."

Georgia clapped a hand over her heart sarcastically, "Now what is that supposed to mean?"

"You have that way about you," Soda shrugged. He eyed Georgia a second longer before speaking again. "But you should come. Ponyboy wouldn't shut up about how pretty he thinks you are."

"You're gonna have to let him down for me, because I'm almost 21. Anyway..." Georgia glanced at the clock above the counter. It was almost 11:30 in the morning. "Tonight conveniently happens to be my night off. I'll see you later then."

Georgia gave the pair one last smile before turning to walk to her car. Before opening the door she turns back around, "Anything I need to bring?"