Eighty

After an extensive conversation later that night about whether or not Juniper and Harry should be allowed to compete and the fact that it was unfair that there were three Hogwarts champions and only one of the other two, they came to the conclusion that even if by mistake, Juniper and Harry had to compete as their names being drawn and submitted meant they had a Binding magical contract.

The one who really seemed to be on the defense of Harry and Juniper was Mad-Eye who explained to the others that someone had to have put their names into the fire and tampered with it. After that, each of them received their first task which they were not actually told what it was as 'courage in the face of the unknown is an important quality in a wizard'.

They were told they were exempt from end of the year exams, they weren't allowed to ask their teachers for help with the tasks and the first task they were only to be armed with a wand. Harry and Juniper were talking a mile a minute on the way back up to the common room after finally getting a moment alone and away from everyone.

"Did you put your name in?" Juniper shakes her head. "And I take it you didn't either" Harry nods, both of them frowning. "This doesn't make sense. How did this happen? I thought there was only supposed to be three champions, not five!" Juniper exclaims. "And who even put our names in anyway? It couldn't've been Fred and George. They couldn't even put their own names" Harry points out and Juniper sighs.

"At least we know we didn't do it, right? No one else seems to believe it other than Professor Moody though" Juniper brings up and they both think over what Moody was saying. "You don't think someone put our names in...for us to die, right?" Harry brings up hopefully and Juniper shrugs. "Why the both of us though?" Juniper wonders and Harry shakes his head. They're silent for a few, in their own heads as they think over recent events.

Why did this surprise Juniper at this point? The amount of times Juniper's caught herself in predicaments like this lately, especially being friends with someone like Harry Potter, something like this was bound to happen to her. The how of the situation was the real question. And the who. She can't help but feel a terrible feeling form in the pit of her stomach at the thought of her father managing to get her name into the Goblet of Fire after all this time pushing for Lucas.

But that wouldn't make sense anyways. Her father couldn't have broken into the school just to put a name into the fire without getting caught. And if he did, he'd surely put Lucas's name before he even considered putting hers. But then again, he could've managed to put both of their names and hers was chosen randomly. Would that mean, in another life, Lucas would be the one getting called as a champion? Juniper doesn't even want to know her father's reaction when he finds out she's a champion. Will he be excited or maybe angry?

Harry suddenly stops her, before she can make it close to the common room, dragging her off and away to a hidden alcove. "Uh, Harry?" Juniper asks confused before taking a look at his expression. "I just remembered something. A dream I had." "A dream?" Harry nods. "Voldemort was talking to Peter Pettigrew and I think there was someone else with him. And there was a snake there as well. I think they were talking about plotting my death." Harry explains.

"But how could Voldemort manage to get into the school and put your name in? Or Peter for that matter? I'm pretty sure Remus and Sirius have been on the lookout for Peter for quite some time now. They'd for sure know if Pettigrew made it into the school" Juniper points out and Harry shakes his head. "Anyone might be working for Voldemort. That was proven when we found out Pettigrew betrayed my parents." Harry points out. "That doesn't explain why my name was also put in." Juniper adds.

They both think it over before sighing. "Maybe mention it to Hermione? She might know?" Juniper suggests and Harry nods, the both of them moving to head back towards the common room. "If anyone will believe us, it'll be Hermione and Ron. They were with me all day" "Same with my group. We were out on the Quidditch pitch for mine and Lucas's birthday" Juniper adds and Harry pauses, looking back at her with wide eyes.