Fifty-Two

Hermione was still mad at Harry and Ron at Hermione, which meant Hermione was now feeling lonely again. Which also meant more time to spend with her. Juniper tried convincing Hermione to come with her to the last practice before the actual game but Hermione decided she wanted to stay back and get some work done.

Juniper, Summer and Lucas make their way down to the Quidditch pitch considering the game was against Ravenclaw and they wanted to see how Gryffindor was doing. Juniper only allowed it because they promised to give her tips "I just feel so bad for her, guys. She looks so stressed. I wish I could just do more for her" Juniper explains.

"You're doing what you can, June. I'm sure just being there for her means more than enough" Summer assures her. "That doesn't make me feel any better. She even admitted how lonely she felt one time. It made me feel so sad" Juniper sighs out.

"As much as I hate to say it...have you offered for her to hang out with us?" Lucas asks. "Yes, actually, but she just didn't feel like she'd fit in" Juniper informs them and they nod. "I do have to admit, we aren't the most welcoming group. Especially having Draco in our group...except, you're not talking to him and I haven't really been either" Summer admits.

"So, what, you're saying we're kind of treating him like how Harry and Ron are treating Hermione?" Summer nods. "Now you're making me feel really bad. But if he hadn't been so mean to Buckbeak, we wouldn't have even been in this mess in the first place" Juniper points out. "And I'm sure that's how Ron's feeling. His rat is missing and all evidence points to Hermione's cat" Lucas brings up. Juniper groans, rubbing her hands down her face.

"Are we ever just going to have a normal year?" "Considering Harry Potter is in our year, I'm gonna go with no" Lucas points out and she sighs. They notice the rest of the Gryffindor team surrounding Madam Hooch who was currently looking over Harry's Firebolt which he had gotten back. Madam Hooch was still overseeing Gryffindor practices for Juniper and Harry's safety.

"We'll go find a spot" Lucas tells her and she nods as Summer and Lucas head up onto the bleachers. She heads towards the others. "Look at the balance on it! If the Nimbus series has a fault, it's a slight list to the tail end- you often find they develop a drag after a few years. They've updated the handle too, a bit slimmer than the Cleansweeps, reminds me of the old Silver Arrows- a pity they've stopped making them. I learned to fly on one, and a very fine old broom it was too..."

Madam Hooch continues to ramble on and on about brooms until Wood stops her. "Er...Madam Hooch? Is it okay if Harry has the Firebolt back? We need to practice..." "Oh, right, here you are then, Potter. I'll sit over here with Weasley" They head towards the bleachers, leaving the Gryffindor team to work. "Who are they?" Wood quickly asks, pointing at Summer and Lucas who were talking.

"Don't worry about them. They promised they'd give tips for us against Ravenclaw" Juniper quickly assures him. "Hmm. Smart. Nice work Juniper." Wood nods before turning to look at Harry. "Harry, I've just found out who Ravenclaw is playing as Seeker. It's Cho Chang. She's a fourth year, and she's pretty good...I really hoped she wouldn't be fit, she's had some problems with injuries..." Wood scowls at the thought.

"Jeez" She mutters and the twins nod from beside her. "He only cares about if it benefits the team or not" George whispers. "On the other hand, she rides a Comet Two Sixty, which is going to look like a joke next to the Firebolt" Wood praises Harry's broom. "Okay, everyone, let's go" They all ride around on their broomsticks, everyone watching Harry move as he easily guides his Firebolt.

Lucas was watching on the edge of his seat. "Harry, I'm letting the Snitch out!" Practice was the best it had been with Harry catching the snitch with in ten minutes of Wood letting it go. And thanks to the Firebolt, it upped the others confidence which made everyone shine. Everyone was beaming by the time practice ended. "I can't see what's going to stop us tomorrow!" Wood cheers but pauses.