Author's Note

Dear Readers,

Hello loyal  friends... we've come to the end of the story. Like all good stories, each one does come to an end regrettably. This one however, has a few final encores that are still rustling around in my head.

Even though the mystery has been solved, I know we all still have questions. What about Marcie? What happens next? Is there going to be a sequel?

I do have a few bonus chapters, that may come about.  Tom and Miko definitely need to have a conversation, and perhaps Marcie needs a conclusion somewhere. But as for now...there is no plan for a sequel or any more to the story.

Also...how many of you guessed what was going to happen? Was it obvious? Or was it a complete surprise as to what was coming? Should I have hidden things a little better, or made them more obvious? I really hope you'll each answer here!

I don't know if my process is normal. I wrote this straight through, in order, (from start to finish) I did have an outline, and some incredible support from those near and dear to me. Wonderful friends who gave me some great advice along the way. ❤️❤️ (They know who they are.) They helped with transitions and green leafy flow. But I "pantsed" a lot of the little things, so if something doesn't make sense, please let me know.

The details were all born from my brain, and inspired from some of the amazing trees that grew at the Oregon tree farm I lived at as a child. (See the Building Fences chapter from Life in a Nutshell).

I never found a magical tree, but I sure did play around some beauties. And I DID find a bench out in the middle of the wild woods against a particularly large mossy oak. Somebody else must have loved that spot, so I did too. I may have left a trinket or three near it as well, hoping something might happen or someone else might find them.

But the only magic I ever found in real life is the magic of words, and the beauty of faith, friendship and love.

This whole thing has been terribly therapeutic for me. It's helped me think more creatively and critically after many years of being in an artistic rut. It's helped me open up about my own experiences dealing with an alcoholic parent, and how my own reactions have either hindered or helped me over the years.  I am NOT Janey, but we are of similar age and personality. I think most writers do that.

The Finding Tree is my first work of fiction and the longest thing I have ever written by far.

Thank you for following along with me on this journey of creative consciousness. You've all kept me engaged and writing much longer than I ever thought I would.