Connections

Kylo's POV:

I grew tired watching their little sparring match. Igniting my lightsaber into my skull sounds more fun than watching those two. Especially him, the pilot's too cocky and arrogant. How he managed to make her think he's a decent human being is beyond me.

After that last match, seeing him sneak up on her like that, I couldn't bear to witness it any longer. It only takes half a brain cell to realize that when the match is over, it's over. I guess he doesn't even have that.

Now it was too much. My heartbeat quickened, my fists tightened. My chest filled with this burning sensation. Jealousy. Jealousy consumed my whole being. Seeing the position they're in while she was sitting up. It was too much. Without a second thought, without ration, I pushed over a stack of crates. As they fell along the grass, a thud echoed through the training area.

That's when it hit me, my cover is now blown. Without having anyone see me, I moved behind another wall, not too far away.

Why am I acting as such? This level of pettiness is far beneath me, yet when it comes to her I stoop to the lowest of the low.

She glanced my way and held my stare for a second. My question is resolved, full well knowing she knows I'm the one causing all this commotion.

Finally she was done talking with the Pilot. Took her long enough. No hesitation, she started storming right at me, shooting daggers through the wall I was situated behind.

Seeing that Poe had turned around to talk with the ex stormtrooper, I stood up. Leaning my elbows against the crates around me, waiting for Rey to get over here.

The sight of her close to me was exhilarating, I almost felt stronger. The Dyad in the force, and when together are more powerful than ever before.

Not even allowing me a word, she came in strong with, "What was that?! Could you have been any louder?!"

"Would you rather me stayed and watched more of whatever that was" I said, emphasis on the word that. Referring to her and the Pilot. My mind still reels over how close and intimate their sparing seemed. The thought of it driving me crazy.

"I would have rather you not almost of been seen by my friends"

"Oh so they're your friends" I said in a monotone voice, my arms crossed against my chest.

"What has gotten into you?" Rey said back, seemingly frustrated. I should've said something, anything really. But my jealousy was clouding my judgment. Those two have caused me nothing but frustration, and she's 'just friends' with them. How convenient.

"Nothing. I just don't see how training with them does anything for you"

"And why do my sparring partners concern you?" she snapped back, crossing her arms as well.

"I'd like for you to actually live through your next fight" I said, which is true, but not the full reason.

"So who do you suppose I train with?"

"Me" I said back, no hesitation.

She seemed surprised at first as her eyes widened. Uncrossing her arms, she seemed to have calmed down a little bit. I could've sworn I saw her face turn red for a second.

"Well... that idea isn't half bad" she told me, also deep in thought. I tried peering into her mind to get any idea of what she was thinking, but her mind is strong. Stronger than before. Most likely after her only and last encounter with Snoke. "Although I do need help with the Jedi Texts".

I walked closer to her, not really thinking. "Alright, where are they?" I asked her. The sooner I help her with that, the sooner she'll be trained and ready for a fight.