The Edge Pt. 3

Finn's POV:

"Alright! Someone better tell me what the hell is going on here!" Poe yelled, his hand holding his blaster, pointed at Kylo's face. At the sight, I put my hand on my blaster just to be safe.

Breaking out of the embrace, Rey's face lit up with shock "Whoa, Poe?! Put that down alright?" Rey said, backing off of Kylo and now putting herself in between the two. Kylo watched her with such intensity with every little movement she made, but his eyes never even moved to the blaster pointed at his head. Rey calmly said, "Ok, I know this doesn't make much sense, but you need to hear us out". Hear 'us' out? Hell no.

Poe started shaking his head. "No no no nono, we want YOU to explain how YOU happened to be here. Was that your little errand boy trying to make a tradeoff?!" Poe said, referring to whoever Samson happened to be.

Fired up by everything, especially Kylo, I yelled along. "Yeah! Up until now your life's goal has been to run the resistance into the ground, and now here you are all lovey dovey with Rey?!" I said. I might've gone a bit extra with that last part, but even a blind man could see the way he looks at her.

"You don't know what you're talking about! Was I not saving her life not enough to trust me? To show I care about her?!" Kylo yelled back at Poe, his voice laced not with his usual anger and rage, but with desperation and sincerity.

Something about the way he spoke gave me a feeling. He truly meant what he said. Slowly, I began putting my blaster back into its holster.

"Maybe we should..." I began saying, trying to get Poe to calm down. But he didn't have the same response.

"Well who said she even wants you to care about her?!" Poe yelled.

"You don't know what you're talking about!" Kylo snapped back.

"Rey, is he tricking you? Get behind me" Poe said, reaching his hand out towards her. And that really seemed to do it. At that Kylo moved his head to the side, past Rey, to see Poe. They were staring each other down, neither moving or saying anything, but that's because nothing had to be said. It was so obvious why the two's disdain for one another only grew.

Gaining back Poe's attention, Rey waved her hand in his direction. "No one is tricking me! Can you please just put down the blaster so we can talk about this?" she said to him. Poe looked at Rey, then looked at Kylo, then looked at Rey, looked at Kylo looking at Rey, then back to her.

She softly said, "please, for me?" and that was all he needed to put it down. Reluctantly.

Before getting up, Kylo grabbed her hand. "Are you ok? Can you stand?" he said. This was so weird, it's like seeing a completely different person. If you would've told me Kylo had a long lost twin, that would be more believable than any explanation for how he's acting.

"I'm alright. It's time I tell them," she responded to him, placing her hand on his shoulder, giving him the look that says, 'trust me'.

What.

The.

Hell.

Interrupting them, Poe frantically said, "What, what do you need to tell us? What the hell is going on?!". My thoughts exactly.

Poe and I saw her attempt to get up, so before Kylo had the chance to do it, we pulled her up and helped stabilize her.

We led her away from Kylo, that way if she was truly being held captive she would tell us. When settled, I noticed a mark along her collarbone. Pushing aside her hair, I said, "Oh Rey..."

Poe quickly pushed my hand aside and grabbed her shoulders. "How did this happen? Did he do this to you?!" he said, quickly turning to Kylo, then back to Rey with a fire in his eyes.